72d belly mower for 3520 drops

/ 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #11  
I just found out from the salesman that the 7 iron 72 inch belly mower for my new 4720 that I ordered operates off the same control as the 3 point hitch. I don't understand why it does since it has a midpoint hydraulic connection. I want to be able to mow and keep my 7' wide box grader on at the same time. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? It seems that the salesman is not too knowledgable about what he is selling.

JPC

/ 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #12  
This sounds like what we need to look at for a solution. My 3520 uses one line off of the rear scv. Why not use the 3rd funct. ports that are closer to the deck cyl. anyhow rather than run a longer line all the way to the rear of the tractor:confused: This would make more sense IMO. Mine leaks down quickly also.:thumbdown:

It does not matter how long the line is-that is not the cause of the leak. The connection at the rear IS the "3rd SCV"

/ 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #13  
I just found out from the salesman that the 7 iron 72 inch belly mower for my new 4720 that I ordered operates off the same control as the 3 point hitch. I don't understand why it does since it has a midpoint hydraulic connection. I want to be able to mow and keep my 7' wide box grader on at the same time. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? It seems that the salesman is not too knowledgable about what he is selling.

JPC

He is wrong. Only the 2x20 series uses the 3PH for deck control. The larger machines use the 3rd function hydraulic valve for the MMM's.

/ 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #14  
Kennyd,
I told the salesman that it was available for the larger series (4720). He informed me that it was only available for the 3720 & below. He works at the John Deere (Eahart dealership) in Warrenton, VA. Could I possibly talk to you by phone since you are in the area? I really need this MMM to have its own hydraulic control valve not running through the 3PH.

John Callaway

/ 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #15  
Kennyd,
I told the salesman that it was available for the larger series (4720). He informed me that it was only available for the 3720 & below. He works at the John Deere (Eahart dealership) in Warrenton, VA. Could I possibly talk to you by phone since you are in the area? I really need this MMM to have its own hydraulic control valve not running through the 3PH.

John Callaway

John,
I think I have misled you:eek::eek::eek:

I just looked in JD parts, and only found the rockshaft lift control. I had mistakenly ASSumed that it was set up like the 3x20 series machines.

See the picture below...I am sorry to have confused the issue. Check you PM's for my #

Attachments

• 4720.gif
    4720.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 301
   / 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #16  
I have a JD 60" D Autoconnect MMM on my 3520 and am very happy with it in spite of a few glitches.
It is worked by one of the FEL lines (the black one on the pic), so you operate it with the FEL lever, which is quite convenient. It is a single action cylinder and works in a bizare fashion. If you move the lever in the direction corresponding to the line you used and maintain it there, the mower goes up then down, then up again and seems to cycle endlessly. That is not convenient at all.
It does bleed down, but it takes several hours and doesn't seem to happen when the engine is running.

Attachments

• DSCF1400 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1400 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    408.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF1402 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1402 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    396.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF1403 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1403 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCF1404 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1404 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF1406 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1406 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    226 KB · Views: 144
   / 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #17  
Kenny,
Thanks for your response. Got #. I think we (Eaheart Dealer salesman & I) are on same page now, however he did order wrong 72" 7 iron. I wanted the drive over. He now informs me that the drive over is not available for the 4720. I think I am going to forget the deck altogether. I still want the tractor. The deck is no good to me if I have to operate it in conjunction with the 3PH since I want my 7' box grader on back. I think this is a good tractor. I am getting the divereter valve kit for the 3PH leveling kit so I don't have to level the 3PH manually. I also am going to try & mount the 84" front blade. I picked one up in Ohio rather cheap. I think it will work. What do you think of this tractor?

JPC

/ 72d belly mower for 3520 drops #18  
Kenny,
Thanks for your response. Got #. I think we (Eaheart Dealer salesman & I) are on same page now, however he did order wrong 72" 7 iron. I wanted the drive over. He now informs me that the drive over is not available for the 4720. I think I am going to forget the deck altogether. I still want the tractor. The deck is no good to me if I have to operate it in conjunction with the 3PH since I want my 7' box grader on back. I think this is a good tractor. I am getting the divereter valve kit for the 3PH leveling kit so I don't have to level the 3PH manually. I also am going to try & mount the 84" front blade. I picked one up in Ohio rather cheap. I think it will work. What do you think of this tractor?

JPC

Good machine...good reputation. Do a search for "4720"

The 84 blade should fit OK-maybe some small mods here and there...

Why in the world do you want to mow with box blade on the rear?:confused::confused2: