Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ck30 kioti

Default Re: R4 Tire PSI

kioti ck 30,rears15-19.5,,ind, 6ply,18 -19 psi loaded with methinal,,,,front[without a loader],25x8.50-14,ind.,6ply,28-30 psi,you need more if you got a loader on it...

Book says,30 rear,50 front,titan tire[after communicating with them] agrees with my settings,they just gotta go with the same safety stuff,watch your lawyer stuff that my copenhagen can says in owners manuals...

So,you can run about 18-19 lbs in rear,no matter what,,front tires pressure depends on loader,and than,loader use..

If I had a loader,would be running about 50 psi in front..You could probably run 10 psi in rear and 20 in front,if you didn't have a loader or spin your tires a lot under heavy load.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3520 w/cab

OK....I aired the front ones down to 34 psi and the rear ones to 18 psi.

The front ones had entirely too much, way over the max. rating on the sidewall, the rear had 34 psi which was the max. rating on the sidewall.

Major improvement

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by WV John Deere View Post
    OK....I aired the front ones down to 34 psi and the rear ones to 18 psi.

The front ones had entirely too much, way over the max. rating on the sidewall, the rear had 34 psi which was the max. rating on the sidewall.

Major improvement
    Which R4's do you have? The larger (4ply) aren't rated for the same pressure as the smaller (6ply) tires.

Rob

Tractor
    JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsallysdad View Post
    They are thick walled, but the aspect ratio (sidewall height to tread width) is very different between an automobile tire and the front tire on a compact tractor...it really doesn't take much to roll them little suckers off the bead. Unfortunately, I speak from experience.
    I was only talking about the rear tires. I run my fronts at 30. I agree, thos could lose a bead pretty easily.

With the 3720 cab I find it too bouncy and tippy with anything over 15 in the rear. My open station 3720 was not so sensitive.....

Tractor
    kubota b2620

The dealer told me to run my rimguard loaded r4 rears at 14. Doesn't make sense to me that it needs to be lower but anyway that's what I'm doing. Seems to work ok traction wise. My fronts are at 30psi for loader work and not loaded. The thing basically rides over rough terrain like one of those big wheeled bicycles from the early 1900's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3520 w/cab

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-D View Post
    Which R4's do you have? The larger (4ply) aren't rated for the same pressure as the smaller (6ply) tires.

Rob
    I have the smaller R4's. (Height was an issue for me with the cab. Wanted to be able to get it into my storage building.)

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by WV John Deere View Post
    I have the smaller R4's. (Height was an issue for me with the cab. Wanted to be able to get it into my storage building.)
    I ordered my 3320 with the large tires and found they were a little shy of my 8' foot door so i asked my dealer to switch them to the smaller ones. He told me it might be tough once it's ordered but he'd try. I won't know till it gets here what I have but either way I think I'll run them in the wide position.

Rob

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-D View Post
    ...either way I think I'll run them in the wide position.

Rob
    Good idea...and if you get those tires filled, let the dealer's staff swap them around for that wider stance. More stable and will be easier to rig the tire chains (which you'll probably want since you're in the Catskills).
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Good idea...and if you get those tires filled, let the dealer's staff swap them around for that wider stance. More stable and will be easier to rig the tire chains (which you'll probably want since you're in the Catskills).
    I went without chains on my last tractor just running on 4WD until I slid off the driveway after a big storm last winter. The snow just iced up, we hadn't seen anything like it in years but you're right Roy, I'll get chains for the new guy as it took me 3 hours to dig out by hand!

Rob

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3520 w/cab

Absolutely get them turned out! I did and am glad of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12