Grading Rear hydraulics on 4400HST -- rear blade angle?

/ Rear hydraulics on 4400HST -- rear blade angle? #1  

Mike_S

Silver Member
Tractor
JD4400HST
With advancing age, it is becoming more and more of a problem in the winter, when using my rear blade, to get up onto the tractor and back down to change the angle of the blade and repeat over and over when doing snow removal. Many people have added both tip and tilt to their rear blades and I am only concerned with angling the blade using the rear hydraulic couplings that operate the belly mower cylinder.

Those rear couplings for the belly mower are in an ideal location, but can they supply the power to operate a hydraulic cylinder on the rear blade IF I had such a cylinder installed?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks,

MikeSp

/ Rear hydraulics on 4400HST -- rear blade angle? #2  
With advancing age, it is becoming more and more of a problem in the winter, when using my rear blade, to get up onto the tractor and back down to change the angle of the blade and repeat over and over when doing snow removal. Many people have added both tip and tilt to their rear blades and I am only concerned with angling the blade using the rear hydraulic couplings that operate the belly mower cylinder.

Those rear couplings for the belly mower are in an ideal location, but can they supply the power to operate a hydraulic cylinder on the rear blade IF I had such a cylinder installed?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks,

MikeSp

Short answer Mike is YES, the connections used for your MMM can operate any DA (dual acting) hydraulic cylinder-just like the type that would be installed on a rear blade.

/ Rear hydraulics on 4400HST -- rear blade angle? #3  
Here is a pic of the float on a ck 35

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 128