Oil & Fuel 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls #1  

dougtims

Tractor
John Deere 2720
At 200 hours my 2720 has started acting like it has a fuel problem. I have done all schedule maintenance and replaced the Fuel Separator Bowl filter, the fuel filter, drained fuel and added new, yet it still runns a while after sitting idle, then stalls like it is starving for fuel.
I am a long way from dealers, so parts must be flown in. Next effort is replace fuel line from the tank to the separator and fuel pump.
Any ideas what the problem might be? :confused:

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls #2  
Next time it tries to stall, loosen the fuel filler cap. It is vented, and sometimes the vents get clogged up.

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls
Thanks, kennyd.
We gave that one a try, but it did not help. The foaming in the separator bowl makes me think there is air getting sucked in througha cracked fuel line, so I have new one on the way.

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls
I got a new fuel pump and put it on. That solved the problem. It is hard to believe a fuel pump would fail at 198 hours.

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls #5  
Wow, isn't your machine at most 2 years old and under warranty? Did the dealer say anything about it?

Glad your back up and running

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls #6  
I got a new fuel pump and put it on. That solved the problem. It is hard to believe a fuel pump would fail at 198 hours.

Sometimes parts just go, a small defect in manufacture or whatever. Hope Deere picked it up.

Rob

/ 2720 Runs, Stalls, Runs, Stalls #7  
I had a similar problem with my 2520. Gave me fits. Ultimately I found a piece of heavy paper towel type material in the fuel tank, it would settle over the supply hole and cut off fuel- no idea where it came from...