JD 3 pt lift arms.

/ JD 3 pt lift arms. #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
Does anyone have this kind of lift arm for their JD. Would this be used in place of a quick hitch? Can different balls in the lift arm be used for cat I vs cat 0 or cat II? Would the lift arm instead be used the bushings on implements to make it the same Cat III pin size?
Ocassionally I would like to use my 4520 with some blades and equipment that are only set up for cat II. Would this type of lift arm work with cat II or III pin size?

John Deere - Parts Catalog The part number is LVB25294 for ball and claw hitch.

/ JD 3 pt lift arms. #2  
Your link went somewhere else, but after some searching I found the ball and claw hitch. This picture might help with your question. BTW the part number shows no longer available.

Attachments

• Claw hook.jpg
    Claw hook.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 704
   / JD 3 pt lift arms.
Your link went somewhere else, but after some searching I found the ball and claw hitch. This picture might help with your question. BTW the part number shows no longer available.

Thanks for posting the pictures. The top picture I believe is the toplink. The old JDs had toplinks similar to that shown. The bottom picture, the lift arm but I assume it is pictured upside down. Is it a europeon option? I was wondering if the bottom could function like a Pat's quick hitch but have interchangeable balls depending on attachment?

/ JD 3 pt lift arms. #5  
It is similar to Pat's quick hitch. Looks like it was a USA option since that brochure was for North America. I would guess it only accepts one size outer diameter ball so other category balls would need to work within that. Probably really need to see one to measure what will fit through the hook.

/ JD 3 pt lift arms.
JD755

I can find part numbers of LVA11885 and LVA11900 on the JD website for the lift arms. It would suggest they are available. I will give dealer a call.

/ JD 3 pt lift arms. #7  
JD755

I can find part numbers of LVA11885 and LVA11900 on the JD website for the lift arms. It would suggest they are available. I will give dealer a call.

Might have to cruise around and look for a old 3020... they had that claw top link - maybe some 4020's too.. :D

Have never seen the lower links with a claw, though. Might have to give up on my quick hitch..

AKfish

/ JD 3 pt lift arms.
Checked on price of ball and claw lift arm. They are available. 1 arm was $410. I think that idea will go to the very bottom of the wish list.:laughing:

/ JD 3 pt lift arms. #9  
Not surprising since the price for one standard draft arm is $272 and a telescoping one is $441.

/ JD 3 pt lift arms.
If go through sales, telescoping draft arms are $332 and I think that is for a pair.