JD 520 hydrilics

/ JD 520 hydrilics #1  

DonWorrell

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
Can a dual spool be put on a 520. I need to operate a front end loader and a rear implement at the same time. I need two independent hydriclics.

Don

/ JD 520 hydrilics #2  
Is this the 520 you are talking about: TractorData.com John Deere 520 tractor information?

If so, it's doable-but not gonna be easy or cheap...Might get better info in the vintage tractor forum. I am up-to-date on the newer stuff-but not so shard on the vintage equipment. You do have very limited capacity in the factor hydraulic system to work with.

BTW> You will need three spools...two for the loader (lift and dump) and then at least one for the rear.

/ JD 520 hydrilics
Is this the 520 you are talking about: TractorData.com John Deere 520 tractor information?

If so, it's doable-but not gonna be easy or cheap...Might get better info in the vintage tractor forum. I am up-to-date on the newer stuff-but not so shard on the vintage equipment. You do have very limited capacity in the factor hydraulic system to work with.

BTW> You will need three spools...two for the loader (lift and dump) and then at least one for the rear.

Kenny,

Yes, this is the tractor I am talking about. It is not mine, it belongs to a friend of mine and he has a rake which requires two hydraulic pistions, which need to be operated seperately. I have been researching this for him and have learned about a Baker Valve, I am not sure but I think this might accomplish what is needed. I beleive he has a Powertrol, which is absoultely necessay to do what he wants.

I am just trying to help a friend who is almost 70 find a solution to his need. He owns many older tractors plus a newer New Holland so if this doesn't work that is alright also. But he would like to equip the JD 520 to do all of his hay raking.

Thanks, for any and all help.

Don

/ JD 520 hydrilics #4  
Don,
I have looked into this in the past and while possible it just isn't a good way to go. My recomendation is to pass on this idea. The hydraulics are very limited on this tractor.