Loader Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #151  
We legions of happy Chris Perry fork owners should start a thread on ideas for alternate uses and attachments for the main frame. That neatly designed and lightweight basic frame (with forks removed) is just begging for clever applications of homebrewed steel. I have been ciphering on how to come up with a small brush grapple that could easily slide on the frame and be locked into the top notches similar to the setup on the forks.

After wasting a lot of pencil lead, brain cells, and graph paper, I came up with a couple of possibilities and began to research the cost of steel to build it. Unfortunately, this was followed by sticker shock on new steel prices akin to what I received when shopping for a new pickup truck several years back. After some honest cost vs benefit analysis, I trashed the whole idea and ordered a Greens Machine Shop's "The Thumb" in a 28" version (see The Thumb), along with an extra mounting base and flow restrictor. Total cost delivered was comparable to buying just the steel to build a typical 48" dedicated grapple, and I decided I'd rather spend the money on a bucket and fork thumb/grapple setup. The Green's Machine Shop thumb itself, which is stoutly built but has only two tines and is only 18" wide, may undergo a minor modification to make it a little wider (a pair of outboard tines to make it around 30" wide), and will be installed on my FEL bucket.

As for the extra mounting base, I want to see if I can modify it to lock onto my Chris Perry fork frame, yet still be easily removable, just like the individual forks. I'd rather not (and Chris would probably rather I not!) weld on the frame itself to get this all done. The idea is to be able to swap the thumb back and forth between the FEL bucket and the forks. In the meantime my current FEL bucket/tooth bar will be infinitely more useful with a removable thumb/mini-grapple attached.

BTW, David Green is a nice man to deal with, and he shipped my thumb the next day.

If all this pans out I'll post some photos. If it doesn't, I won't, LOL.

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #152  
I can't say enough GREAT things about Chris and his Deere attachment
products. After this old body wrestles with a process or attachment, it occurs
to me to let the equipment do the work!
Last week I purchased a disc harrow from TSC, and they loaded it with a forklift.
My caveat to them before I made the purchase, was that it would fit into my
F150. It did so with an inch to spare on each side and the tail gate off to load

http://media.tractorsupply.com/is-v...actorSupplyCompany/2128260_set&initialFrame=0

I thought that when I got home that I could unload same with a belt/strap as my wife
pulled the truck out as i lifted. I worried about any lift/rotation. Then WE thought about
using my (Chris Perry) built fork lifts. What a terrific implement and use!

After years of laying on my back, over the same embankment seen in the pic, I thought
I'll try the Fork Lift (FL) attachment from Mr Perry. I was easily able to stand,and scrape
the under deck of the Bush Hog. Before I did this, safety being the prime consideration, I pulled all my 240 lbs
on the wheel end of the Bush Hog (4 times) and it didn't move. I was comfortable to clean the under deck and sharpen the
blades with my Dewalt grinder. Not a knife edge (also NOT wanted) on a Bush Hog but great for now!

From the pics you can see how great the use is. I love my Deere, over my Kubota for the (especially) ease of transition between 3 pt implements.
It took less than 10 mins to remove the Deere FEL, Load the (Chris Perry) fork lift, then move the forks to max. width and lift the Bush Hog to
the heights seen for work. Not seen in the picture, is a 1000 lb flail mower at the rear of the Deere for a counter balance

I have no relationship with Chris Perry other than that of an extremely satisfied customer. Chris is a terrific person and businessman.
I will buy from him again without any reservation!
Contact Chris at:
www.ARTILLIAN.com

Again, NO association, just a very happy customer!
Regards,
Steve

Attachments

• How to Clean and Sharpen yor bush hog a.jpg
    How to Clean and Sharpen yor bush hog a.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 427
  • How to Clean and Sharpen yor bush hog b .jpg
    How to Clean and Sharpen yor bush hog b .jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 1000 lbs bedding.jpg
    1000 lbs bedding.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 401
  • IR compressor.jpg
    IR compressor.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
   / Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #153  
and naturallyl i would be the UNlucky one whos forks dont fit AFTER i finished the entire frame out. LESSON LEARNED, PRE-FIT EVERYTHING folks not just the frame to the tractor. I now have to grind out the grooves on the forks and it ain't going to be fun.
NOTE- this is not an Artillian/Perry fault.
Crossy

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader
What happened? What went wrong?

Sorry to hear the news, Crossy. Please let me know what I can do to help.

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #155  
I got mine last winter and hadn't been back to this board in that time, so it's about time I guess...

I'm very happy with the forks. They've handled everything I've thrown at them including moving boulders my 420 could only lift 6 inches and some larger pieces of concrete that exceeded my dead lifting capacity.

Moving over rough ground I saw more deflection in the loader beams than the forks.

This is one of the better things I've gotten/done since I got my 4300.

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #156  
Crossy,
I've been there also, but all resolved with Chris' guidance, although not his fault.
We can guide you through this small bump. Pics and measurements would be helpful.
Search for my posts on this subject. BTW, the successful end result will be awesome!
regards,
Steve

and naturallyl i would be the UNlucky one whos forks dont fit AFTER i finished the entire frame out. LESSON LEARNED, PRE-FIT EVERYTHING folks not just the frame to the tractor. I now have to grind out the grooves on the forks and it ain't going to be fun.
NOTE- this is not an Artillian/Perry fault.
Crossy