Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota GL3240

Default Re: Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader

Sweet looking, would this design work on my 300Cx?
    Grand L3240, 724FEL, Loaded R4's, Double rear chains, front/rear work lights
    SO-6 rear blade, 3pt snowblower, 3pt wood spliter, 3pt carry all, 6' box blade, 6'york rake

Tractor
    2010 JD2320

Quote Originally Posted by ensoll View Post
    Thanks everyone! I will definitely be making this available to all. To get the ball rolling, here are the resources for the kit:

1- The pallet forks and rails are $229 and come from ATVXpress on eBay with free shipping [FYI, ~$130 of that figure is the shipping]
    2- The JD pins are W47211 ($16.50 ea) and the hooks are W43359 ($12.59 ea).
    3- 1.5" square x .125" steel tubing (~$15). I can supply this if needed.
    4- The 6 engineered and waterjet cut plates supplied by me, along with assembly instructions for the build. (TBD)

The waterjet cut plates aren't cheap but the overall cost for the whole kit is still substantially less than anything available on the market, especially when you consider the very light weight of the design which is really the most important goal for JD tractors using the 200X or 200CX loaders.

I'll let you know as soon as I get the figures. It should be in the next couple of days.
    The unique items you have are:

1) CAD plans
    2) engineered and waterjet cut plates

In volume, you might find the waterjet plates really reduce in cost. Also in volume you might find it cheaper to create your own hook & pins to add into your DIY kits. Just thinking that you could offer two DIY kits. One might contain just your CAD plans, materials list, assembly instructions, waterjet plates, hook and pins. The other DIY kit might contain all materials. Finally a fully built and painted finished product. I would expect the base DIY kit to be your highest seller. It would be neat to see what people on this list would create using your kit as their base.

What do others think?

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by bferris01 View Post
    Sweet looking, would this design work on my 300Cx?
    Hi bf,

Yes, the design will almost work but the vertical distance between the hooks and pins are a little farther apart on the 300xx vs the 200xx. I don't know that distance off-hand but if I could get it, I'd be happy to create the design. Another aspect to verify is the width of the fork slider rails vs the width of the loader itself. Lastly, I'd also want to know what the highest lifting capacity of the 300xx loader could be on the most powerful tractor it goes onto. I wouldn't want to exceed the 2300 lbs capability of the forks.
    Chris@Artillian

Artillian Lightweight Pallet Forks and Other Attachments for John Deere tractors
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

JD 2520 TLB
    JD X324

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by dmay View Post
    The unique items you have are:

1) CAD plans
    2) engineered and waterjet cut plates

In volume, you might find the waterjet plates really reduce in cost. Also in volume you might find it cheaper to create your own hook & pins to add into your DIY kits. Just thinking that you could offer two DIY kits. One might contain just your CAD plans, materials list, assembly instructions, waterjet plates, hook and pins. The other DIY kit might contain all materials. Finally a fully built and painted finished product. I would expect the base DIY kit to be your highest seller. It would be neat to see what people on this list would create using your kit as their base.

What do others think?
    I'm not sure I totally agree about making the hooks and pins. Possibly the pins, but probably not the hooks. For the short money, I like the OEM JD bits. But that's just me.

Similar to what you are saying, I'm also considering the possibility of shipping a tacked up frame which would just need to be finish welded and have the fork slider rails stitched on, then painted (all of the easy work). That way folks wouldn't have to pay for shipping the 150lb forks & rails twice. They buy the forks & rails and my frame and that's it. We'll see.

I am also very curious to see what great things could stem from the base frame design with the ingenious people who peruse these forums. It is what I look forward to the most. Glad you mentioned it.
    Chris@Artillian

Artillian Lightweight Pallet Forks and Other Attachments for John Deere tractors
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

JD 2520 TLB
    JD X324

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Hi bf,

Yes, the design will almost work but the vertical distance between the hooks and pins are a little farther apart on the 300xx vs the 200xx. I don't know that distance off-hand but if I could get it, I'd be happy to create the design. Another aspect to verify is the width of the fork slider rails vs the width of the loader itself. Lastly, I'd also want to know what the highest lifting capacity of the 300xx loader could be on the most powerful tractor it goes onto. I wouldn't want to exceed the 2300 lbs capability of the forks.

Just a note Chris: The spacing is the same...it only changes in the big 500 series loaders.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

I'm not sure I totally agree about making the hooks and pins. Possibly the pins, but probably not the hooks. For the short money, I like the OEM JD bits. But that's just me.
    Just another note: The "hooks" can be made frome 1 1/2" angle iron, they do not need to be formed like the JD ones. I can post examples later when I get home.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    Just a note Chris: The spacing is the same...it only changes in the big 500 series loaders.
    Thanks Kenny, I could swear I looked at some forks with dual pins and being advertised as compatible for both the 200 & 300 series loaders. I just assumed the dual pins meant one for the 200 and one for the 300's. Glad to have you on staff!
    Chris@Artillian

www.ARTILLIAN.com

JD 2520 TLB
    JD X324

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Similar to what you are saying, I'm also considering the possibility of shipping a tacked up frame which would just need to be finish welded and have the fork slider rails stitched on, then painted (all of the easy work). That way folks wouldn't have to pay for shipping the 150lb forks & rails twice. They buy the forks & rails and my frame and that's it. We'll see.

I am also very curious to see what great things could stem from the base frame design with the ingenious people who peruse these forums. It is what I look forward to the most. Glad you mentioned it.

I like the idea of a ''tacked up frame''. Most of us are already equip to finish the job, or knows someone who can do the job. Either way, as soon as you have something figured out, please ''pm me'' Thanks. Henri
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2305

Add me to your growing sales order stack! I've been looking for something useable to pick up debris (logs, brush, etc) to aid in clearing some woods, but nothing I've found has been reasonable. Until now!

Let me also add an idea to your list of products - a skid plate for the bottom of the 2305 tractor! I've wanted something that can hook onto the mower deck mounts, yet stay underneath the machine without taking up the little available clearance. I don't like taking off the mower deck to work for fear of breaking the tranny oil filter or fan blades. But I don't like leaving the deck on for it's serious lack of ground clearance. Something easily removable that can protect those items is outside of my design and fabrication skills. But seems within reach for you... Hint, hint...

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    Just another note: The "hooks" can be made frome 1 1/2" angle iron, they do not need to be formed like the JD ones. I can post examples later when I get home.
    As promised, pictures of the homemade hooks below. It may be 1 1/4" angle though and not 1 1/2", but you will get the idea. Since the hooks don't rotate, but rather just hang this a cost effective solution although it may not look as pretty.

The pictures are small since I bootlegged them form other posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast