powershift ?

/ powershift ? #1  

tw30

Bronze Member
Tractor
want a tw30 2wd , nh-8870 2wd or puma 195 2wd
what can y'all tell me about the powershift ? Im reading and someone said the ps in the 4840 or 40's in general was quirky but not bad in the 4955/4960 .And from what i understand powershift is where you can shift without clucthing ?.but if you clutch while shift wouldnt it be smoother ?

/ powershift ? #2  
I have used it in the 210 landscape loader series and shifts are smooth. Still being used on the newest model 210LE too. Have used it on a early 4020 years ago and was smooth too, I would think the tractors built in between these models would be smooth shifting too. No experience with the models you specified.

/ powershift ? #3  
Both the 8 speed (20, 30 & 40 series tractors) and 15 speed Deere powershifts are considered to be very durable transmissions. Criticism of the 8 speed units are mostly related to a lack of speed selection choices, and a lack of modulation while shifting, which is magnified by the relative lack of speeds, the difference in speed ratios between shifts being greater than with a transmission with more speeds.