JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower.

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower. #1  

Deadman

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, X475
I'm wondering if anyone knows the differences between a John Deere LX5 Rotary mower and the current Frontier 5 foot rotary mower?

One JD dealer says the LX series was much better built, and one dealer says the Frontier is made by the same company and is basically identical. I have a LX4, and its built like a TANK, and I love it because of this.
So, any input on this?
Thanks in advance.

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower. #2  
Can you just compare them side by each and tell if there is anything major?

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower.
That would require me hauling my tractor 45 miles to the dealer, and thats not fun.

I just thought some of you might know the differences, because so many of them are just spin-offs of like the Woods Brand and those other ones.....
Hope someone might know!

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower. #4  
Ok
Guess I was thinking of maybe some pics and/or notes to compare. I've heard the Frontier are well-built. As you say, someone might know the skinny on them.

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower. #5  
That would require me hauling my tractor 45 miles to the dealer, and thats not fun.

I just thought some of you might know the differences, because so many of them are just spin-offs of like the Woods Brand and those other ones.....
Hope someone might know!

Some info right here,might save you 90 mile drive.:)Also you know if you go to Woods/Frontier,JD sites you'll probably find some specs(weight,guage,lenght,etc).:thumbsup:

Boone
Hay and Forage Equipment, Used Hay and Forage Equipment, Hay and Forage Equipment For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Manufacturers ;)

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower. #6  
What Frontier are you looking at? the 10xx or the 20xx? The 20xx is much more heavy duty. Your dealer should tell you who makes each of them.

i guess I was thinking someone might have a real-world experience with this, since the LX5 is discontinued.
I'll look at the specs and see what catches my eye.
Thanks

RC2060 is the Frontier mower model number I'm looking at online.....

Specs are almost identical.
They actually look built by the same manufacturer.

Any guess what a LX4 rotary mower should be worth in excellent condition if I trade it in on this 5 foot Frontier mower?
Thanks guys!
:thumbsup:

/ JD LX5 vs. Frontier 5 foot rotary mower. #10  
Any guess what a LX4 rotary mower should be worth in excellent condition if I trade it in on this 5 foot Frontier mower?
Thanks guys!

Used implements (especially rotary cutters) don't hold much value, so it's really going to depend on how much that dealer is willing to work with you.

As a guess (looking through Craiglist, which I think reflects realistic values, I'd say your cutter is worth $500-$700 to a dealer if in excellent, little used, condition. What helps you is the subCUT market. A 48" cutter is a pretty good fit for a subCUT.