Tractor
    2010 JD2320

Default 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar

I have a 2320/200CX/53in bucket on order. I would like to get a tooth bar for the bucket. Since I await delivery, I can't measure the bucket myself. If you have a BW14145 53in materials bucket, what is the inside measurement? Also interested in your tooth bar recommendations.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Default Re: 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar

Can't help with measurements...maybe your dealer can??

I recommend the John Deere toothbar. I looked into several others, happened to drop by the feed dealer who also sells John Deere, saw a number of different width bars leaning on the back wall. Talked to the owner, he sold me the one that most nearly matched the width I needed (just .5 inches too short, washers fix this) for less than I could get one sent via UPS.

The bar is awesomely heavy...136 lbs...it has barely lost any paint and I have USED it. Don't know what it would take to dent or bend... more tractor than I have, am sure.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 2520

I had a Markham on my 2520 and now have a Deere on my 3320. I bought the Deere because it was the same price as the Markham. Removing the Deere is a task. It is built for a skid steer and it is heavy. I will buy the Markham if I'm ever in the market again. The teeth are sharper and that helps with cutting roots. JC
    JD 3320 LX5, KK rake and off brand box and rear blade. Millonzi grapple. Deere X495 for grass cutting.
    01 Ram 4x4 2500 CTD and 22' 12k trailer. Want a tiller and dump trailer.

Tractor
    2010 JD2320

Quote Originally Posted by texasjohn View Post
    I recommend the John Deere toothbar.
    I have not been able to find a 53 in John Deere toothbar. If you have a part number, please share.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

The JD toothbars are to heavy for your loader. Get one from Mellisa at Markham Welding, now Gator Attachments. Just do a search for "markham" for hours of reading.

I suggest waiting till you can measure the bucket yourself...just to be sure. You won't have to wait for it long-they are pretty fast at getting them out the door.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    I suggest waiting till you can measure the bucket yourself...just to be sure. You won't have to wait for it long-they are pretty fast at getting them out the door.
    Good advice and I hope dmay heeds it.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    2010 JD2320

Thanks! Advice heeded. Spoke to Melissa @ Markham. Cost is $247 + shipping. Seems very reasonable to me. I will await delivery, measure and place my order.

Darrell

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by dmay View Post
    Thanks! Advice heeded. Spoke to Melissa @ Markham. Cost is $247 + shipping. Seems very reasonable to me. I will await delivery, measure and place my order.

Darrell
    You are in good hands with them
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

Don't get the JD toothbar. Get the Markham. Here's a comparison with prices as of a couple years ago.

JD- $313
    126 pounds
    Made to the exact width of the bucket so it's a bear to install and remove. There's no clearance for manufacturing irregularities. You need a sledge hammer to install and remove.
    Uses distorted thread nuts. These are intentionally manufactured to make them very difficult to remove. You need an air impact wrench to remove them

Markham- $231
    73 pounds
    Custom cut to the width of your bucket.
    Requires drilling to install. This isn't difficult if you use a step drill bit. It comes with bolts and reinforcing plate.
    The bolts are the ordinary type (type 5 I think).

Now your question. My bucket is 60 7/8 inch on the inside. Markham made the toothbar 60 5/8 inch and delivered it two days after I ordered it. Don't try to make an allowance for clearance. Measure your bucket, and it will differ a little from mine, at the designated locations and tell Markham that. They will make your toothbar a little smaller to give you clearance.

I was so disgusted with that JD toothbar that I gave it away to a guy with a bigger tractor. He ground down the weld bumps and with a lot of difficulty installed it.

Woops, I see that you have the 53 inch bucket so my measurement is no good to you. but the advice is good.
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Tractor
    JD 2210

I am getting a Markham as soon as I can save up the cash. Melissa got me a quote the day I emailed her. Gonna measure tonight will look good with my new to me BB I got on CL for $215.
    "Mein hund ist meine Waffe"