53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #1  

dmay

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 JD2320
I have a 2320/200CX/53in bucket on order. I would like to get a tooth bar for the bucket. Since I await delivery, I can't measure the bucket myself. If you have a BW14145 53in materials bucket, what is the inside measurement? Also interested in your tooth bar recommendations.

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #2  
Can't help with measurements...maybe your dealer can??

I recommend the John Deere toothbar. I looked into several others, happened to drop by the feed dealer who also sells John Deere, saw a number of different width bars leaning on the back wall. Talked to the owner, he sold me the one that most nearly matched the width I needed (just .5 inches too short, washers fix this) for less than I could get one sent via UPS.

The bar is awesomely heavy...136 lbs...it has barely lost any paint and I have USED it. Don't know what it would take to dent or bend... more tractor than I have, am sure.

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #3  
I had a Markham on my 2520 and now have a Deere on my 3320. I bought the Deere because it was the same price as the Markham. Removing the Deere is a task. It is built for a skid steer and it is heavy. I will buy the Markham if I'm ever in the market again. The teeth are sharper and that helps with cutting roots. JC

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar
I recommend the John Deere toothbar.

I have not been able to find a 53 in John Deere toothbar. If you have a part number, please share.

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #5  
The JD toothbars are to heavy for your loader. Get one from Mellisa at Markham Welding, now Gator Attachments. Just do a search for "markham" for hours of reading.

I suggest waiting till you can measure the bucket yourself...just to be sure. You won't have to wait for it long-they are pretty fast at getting them out the door.

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #6  
I suggest waiting till you can measure the bucket yourself...just to be sure. You won't have to wait for it long-they are pretty fast at getting them out the door.

Good advice and I hope dmay heeds it.

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar
Thanks! Advice heeded. Spoke to Melissa @ Markham. Cost is $247 + shipping. Seems very reasonable to me. I will await delivery, measure and place my order.

Darrell

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #8  
Thanks! Advice heeded. Spoke to Melissa @ Markham. Cost is $247 + shipping. Seems very reasonable to me. I will await delivery, measure and place my order.

Darrell

You are in good hands with them:thumbsup:

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #9  
Don't get the JD toothbar. Get the Markham. Here's a comparison with prices as of a couple years ago.

JD- $313
126 pounds
Made to the exact width of the bucket so it's a bear to install and remove. There's no clearance for manufacturing irregularities. You need a sledge hammer to install and remove.
Uses distorted thread nuts. These are intentionally manufactured to make them very difficult to remove. You need an air impact wrench to remove them

Markham- $231
73 pounds
Custom cut to the width of your bucket.
Requires drilling to install. This isn't difficult if you use a step drill bit. It comes with bolts and reinforcing plate.
The bolts are the ordinary type (type 5 I think).

Now your question. My bucket is 60 7/8 inch on the inside. Markham made the toothbar 60 5/8 inch and delivered it two days after I ordered it. Don't try to make an allowance for clearance. Measure your bucket, and it will differ a little from mine, at the designated locations and tell Markham that. They will make your toothbar a little smaller to give you clearance.

I was so disgusted with that JD toothbar that I gave it away to a guy with a bigger tractor. He ground down the weld bumps and with a lot of difficulty installed it.

Woops, I see that you have the 53 inch bucket so my measurement is no good to you. but the advice is good.

/ 53in inside bucket measurement for tooth bar #10  
I am getting a Markham as soon as I can save up the cash. Melissa got me a quote the day I emailed her. Gonna measure tonight will look good with my new to me BB I got on CL for $215.