3520 pto

/ 3520 pto #1  

hoddykubody

Bronze Member
Tractor
3520 jd
Anyone else have trouble with the rear pto on your 3000 series tractor? I tried actuating the rear pto with no person on the seat following the operating instruction ion the manual but tractor died when you get off the seat. I am using this on a small auger to fill a grain wagon . operaters manual says it is works if you follow the steps but I must be doing something wrong. TIA hoddykubody

/ 3520 pto #2  
Anyone else have trouble with the rear pto on your 3000 series tractor? I tried actuating the rear pto with no person on the seat following the operating instruction ion the manual but tractor died when you get off the seat. I am using this on a small auger to fill a grain wagon . operaters manual says it is works if you follow the steps but I must be doing something wrong. TIA hoddykubody

I recently read that on certain Kubota's, the idea is to tilt the seat forward to operate the pto. You are telling the safety seat switch that you are definately off the tractor and want to operate the PTO.

Don't know if this is true with the JD as well.?? Worth a try.

/ 3520 pto #3  
The engine dies if you leave the seat after engaging the PTO, you must leave the seat before engaging the PTO :
Transmission in neutral
PTO selector on rear PTO only
Get off the seat
Engage PTO knob
Engine should continue to run ............

/ 3520 pto #4  
Phil nailed it!

From the 3520 online manual, item #7:

1. Sit on operator痴 seat. 2. Move transmission to neutral position:
PowrReverser: Depress clutch pedal completely and move the transmission gear and range shift levers and the reverser lever to the N (neutral) position.
eHydro: Move the range shift lever to the N (neutral) position.
3. Lock park brake.
4. Push all PTO engagement knobs to the disengaged/off position.
NOTE: The starter will not crank if the rear/mid PTO engagement knob is pulled to the engaged/on position.
5. Start the engine and adjust speed to 1500 rpm.
6. Move the PTO selector lever to top/rearward position for rear PTO only.
7. Get off the operator痴 seat.
8. Pull the rear PTO engagement knob to the engaged/on position to engage the rear PTO.
The engine should continue to run.
The instrument panel PTO engaged light will illuminate when the rear PTO is engaged.
9. Adjust the hand throttle lever forward to the desired speed for implement used.
NOTE: The PTO marker on the tachometer indicates engine speed for a standard 540 PTO.

/ 3520 pto #5  
Tried on my 3320 this morning. Trans in nutral and set the brake. No need to get on and off the seat. I only have a rear PTO.

Dan

/ 3520 pto #6  
Soulasphil is exactly right, works perfect on my 3520.

/ 3520 pto #7  
Love this forum! Needed this info today while running my pto sprayer.