Front Blade questions for a JD 755

/ Front Blade questions for a JD 755 #1  

GreenTime

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 110TLB, JD 3720, JD Z997, Kubota L5740
What would be the JD model number for a front blade for a JD 755 tractor? Also, what would be the width. I have model JD 54 blade on the front of my JD 430 garden tractor. Anyone have any experience with both these models? Do you think the JD 755 in 4WD will push deeper much deeper snow than my JD 430. My JD 430 has a 300 lb weight box on the 3pt and chains. It does OK but would still like more traction. Thanks for any feedback. Paul

/ Front Blade questions for a JD 755 #2  
The original blade sold for the x55 series is the #380 blade. Built like a tank-super heavy duty but is was not very user friendly when it came time to mount it, especially if you have the loader installed. Width's I think where 60", 66", 72" and 84". I bought one I that I modified to fit on my 4110.

Properly ballasted, and with chains there is no doubt it would push better than your 430.

/ Front Blade questions for a JD 755 #3  
Prior to purchasing my 755 in 1993 I had a 430 with the 54 inch blade, wheel weights, and chains. It did an adequate job pushing snow. When I got my 755 I also purchased the 380 front blade. The 380 was available with 54, 60, and 72 inch widths. Mine was 60 inch. As Kenny said, it is very heavy duty. Without using chains, the MFWD and greater weight of the 755 did much better than the 430. It did best with the weight of a box blade on the rear. I expect with chains you could do even more, but I have not needed them.

A couple years after buying the 755 I added the 70 loader. After that I only used the 380 blade about three years because it required removing all the tractor brackets for the 70 loader, and installing a different set for the 380 blade. It definitely was not worth the trouble. So I then bought a rear blade with skid shoes and every year I still appreciate not dealing with the hassle of changing brackets. Using the loader and rear blade for snow is not as convenient as a front blade, but that's OK. Still easier than brackets, especially since there have been some years I hardly needed to plow at all.

After it sat idle for many years, I finally sold the 380 blade last winter to JD25201965 who modified it to fit his 2520. Significant customizing job similar to what Kenny did. Maybe I can get him to post pictures some time. He previously posted pictures of the work he did to change the seat on his 2520.

So all in all, the 380 is very heavy duty, very nice, but not something you want if you also have the loader. As others here have found, in that case, it will never be used.

/ Front Blade questions for a JD 755 #4  
Do you think the JD 755 in 4WD will push deeper much deeper snow than my JD 430.

I clear snow with my 755 using the loader (mainly) and a rear blade. I've never felt the need for a front blade, blower or chains. I rarely get wheel spin in 4wd, and if I do a little patience resolves things. My rear tires are loaded with calcium chloride solution, which probably helps. In 2004 the 755 dug out our driveway from the "White Juan" storm that dumped a metre of snow in 24 hours and the loader was perfect for lifting snow out of the way as there was no place to move it to with a blade.

I find the main issue when clearing snow is getting cold - after half an hour or so a cab seems like a good idea (but a coffee break is cheaper).

/ Front Blade questions for a JD 755 #5  
The 755 is a strong little tractor, if set up correctly. I have the 70 loader on mine and made a slip on bucket mount for a 6 1/2 foot western jeep plow. I did not want to lose the bucket if I need to stack snow. I chain up all four wheels and put about 400lbs on the rear and it pushes a foot of wet snow really easy.