Gator Blades for JD 62" Mowers

/ Gator Blades for JD 62" Mowers #1  

revitupfaster

Silver Member
Tractor
JD X495 & JD2520
I have a 62C mower on an X495, and soon to have a 62D on a JD2520. Does anyone know if both mowers take the same Gator Blade?

Also, can anyone give me the correct Gator part# for the appropriate blades for each deck (Hopefully the are the same)?

I went to a dealer to check out the blades the other day, and he asked me what the "Saddle" width was on the decks.

I have an old set of blades from my 62C, which appear to be 2 1//2" wide, but I have no idea what the saddle width would be for each mower, or if there could be different saddle widths on the same mower which could require different blades within the same mower series.

REV

/ Gator Blades for JD 62" Mowers #2  
to my understanding the 62C is the same deck as the 62D. The D just has the 'armor' so you can drive over it..

Here is one place that has them

John Deere Gator Blades

4th blade from the very bottom.. Item #96771 OEM #143504

b

/ Gator Blades for JD 62" Mowers #3  
I bought a set of these gator blades for my 54C deck, and i hated them. They have absolutely no lift, and they leave all the clippings, debris behind you unless you go super slow. They chop leaves great, but they need to have some lift to make enough draft to spit the clippings out the discharge instead of leaving them in trails behind my mower. my gator blades lay in the attic of teh garage.......:mad: