JD750 Hydrolics

/ JD750 Hydrolics #1  

ralexander4

I have a 5 ft bush hog which is probably a little too big for the tractor, but it has handled it ok previously. I attempted to use the tractor for 5-6 hours Sat The tractor wouldnt cut the field low so I was trying to pretty much top the grass to break down the seed heads. All worked with no problems. I went out Sunday to start up the tractor and it was making significant noise. I thought at first it might be the water pump but when I tried to raise the bucket it wouldnt move at first. Then it finally went up...and jerkily lowered itself..I checked all the fluids and the water pump was moving water in the radiator so its all hydrolics. After about 10 minutes everything started working ok but I am afraid to use the tractor until I determine whatsup. I know little about the hydrolic system. I resently replaced all the hoses on the loader, fluid is clear. I am not sure of the proper check on the fluid level but its the same as it has always been after 7 years. The dipstick screws into the trans so I check it by screwing the dipstick all the way in. Anyway, Is there a process to check the pump? Will it hurt to use it till the hydrolics die? If the pump is bad its bad. any suggestions appreciated.

/ JD750 Hydrolics #2  
To check the pump, you will need a hydraulic pressure gauge. You need also to make sure that the fluid is not foamy looking while it running. Does you machine have power steering?

/ JD750 Hydrolics #3  
My 1050 did the same thing.The screen on the suction line was clogged.Clean your screen and change your filter and that might due the trick.

/ JD750 Hydrolics #4  
I am not sure of the proper check on the fluid level but its the same as it has always been after 7 years. The dipstick screws into the trans so I check it by screwing the dipstick all the way in..

The dipstick should not be screwed back in to check the fluid level. Just wipe it and set it back on top of the threads. Page from 750 operator manual attached.

Attachments

• 750 dipstick.jpg
    750 dipstick.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 84