People who high beam me.

/ People who high beam me. #1  

Edward. S

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
Last night there were 4 people who high beamed me when I was driving my 6420 around 11pm. I was going to one of our farms to haul 2 trailer/wagons back. So when I get out on the road. So I put on my seat belt road travel lights and drive around 12-13 Mp/h. After about 2 minutes of driving this guy sees me so he purposely uses his high beams because he thinks my high beams are on. You probably think I was mad and I was furious when this person did it. I did not really care then when I hitched up to my trailer I was heading back to the barn to store the trailer. Then trailer #2 I went to pick it up but this time I adjusted one of my work lights to flash into the other lane. (Im so mean :)). So this time this guy has 4 lights of a light light green and these were so bright. I think they were LED's. So I flashed him good almost like a strobe. Then I get there again to get my trailer I am coming back and someone else had high beams on flashed them again. :mad: I am really mad at these people because there are signs on our road to respect slow moving vehicles.

/ People who high beam me. #2  
I was told this story by my father a number of years ago. He and a few friends were traveling to a hunting trip in northern Colorado from Texas. One of the men had just purchased a new Cadillac and they were driving in style with the owner at the wheel. They were driving the backroads in the mountains one night and stuck behind a semi pulling a flatbed that was laboring up the inclines, but there was noplace to pass. They patiently followed that truck for well over an hour when suddenly the whole road in front of them exploded in bright white light! They could not see anything but what seemed to be a small sun directly in front of them. They slammed on the brakes rather than drive blind on the narrow mountain road, stunned and perplexed at the sudden blinding light. After a they could see again and got back on the road, the driver realize he had his high beams on all night. It seems the trucker had finally had enough of them behind him with their high beams on and turned on his bank of worklights.

/ People who high beam me. #3  
Sounds like a lot of folks were driving blind.:)

Should they have been?:confused:

/ People who high beam me. #4  
I've often turned on my high beams when passing cars that are pulled over (like cops), or farm machinery. It's difficult to see what is there, whether someone may be moving (walking) around, or what machinery may be spilling into my lane. I'd rather see than inadvertently hit something - or worse, someone.

A lot of farm machinery sticks well outside of the tires. Don't be so mad next time, I bet they were probably just trying to see exactly what it was they were coming up on...

/ People who high beam me. #5  
So I flashed him good

And if he'd collided with your equipment and said it was because you blinded him, then what would you do next?

/ People who high beam me. #6  
I'm with VABlue, I wish to avoid unseen obstacles when approaching an unusual object/situation at night and hit the high beams..... trying to protect myself and who/whatever is out there.

/ People who high beam me. #7  
I've often turned on my high beams when passing cars that are pulled over (like cops), or farm machinery. It's difficult to see what is there, whether someone may be moving (walking) around, or what machinery may be spilling into my lane. I'd rather see than inadvertently hit something - or worse, someone.

A lot of farm machinery sticks well outside of the tires. Don't be so mad next time, I bet they were probably just trying to see exactly what it was they were coming up on...

I am afraid of blinding someone else when this happens so I would rather slow down to a safer speed. Who knows, maybe they need help.

/ People who high beam me. #8  
I suspect most drivers were suprized to see a tractor and ag equipment out so late at night. In most places it is illegal to be on the road after dark, this is to protect against theft of road and ag machinery.

I wouldn't get my drawers in a knot if they flash their highbeams to see what is out there.

/ People who high beam me. #9  
This is a real different world than it used to be. With so many nuts running around just looking for an excuse to do something crazy - no thanks, been there done that.

Growing up I was never one to back down from any jerk, but lately I just turn the other cheek, pull off, move over etc.

What woke me up? I was driving home from a Disneyland day with the wife and baby and just pulled onto the freeway like I've done a thousand times, no real issue. Evidently this one guy took exception to something I did and pulled up next to me and started all sorts of hollering and hand gestures. With the baby asleep in the back seat I wasn't about to get riled up. Well that must have got to him because he pulled a gun and aimed it at the vehicle. I slammed on my brakes not caring about getting rear ended but hoping the guy behind me was paying attention.

I made an evasive maneuver to a car pool lane knowing he couldn't follow being just a single driver....nope he rolled over the plastic delineators and gave chase. I called 911 while he was behind me and the put an end to this nut.

Now a days even flashing some nut will bring you a world of hurt.

/ People who high beam me. #10  
Well,back when I was mean[or younger and dummer],I had this pickup with about 6 spot lights on the top of roll bar pointing in all different directions:D