50 HOUR

/ 50 HOUR #1  

glc24

Platinum Member
Hey all,
Just did my 50 hour today,actually 49.1:). I'm assuming because those 49 hours weren't "real hard" hours is why there isn't much on my screen,but anyway,I'm surprised at how relatively clean it was.
I didn't have a strap wrench for the spin on fuel filter either,which really made it very difficult to remove. I'll know better next time.
The factory hydro fluid was red.
Start to finish,it took me just about four hours. Everything went pretty smooth,except the fuel filter. So hopefully I'm "good to go" for another 150 hours.:thumbsup:

Greg

Attachments

• Hydro screen 003.jpg
    Hydro screen 003.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
   / 50 HOUR #2  
Yeah, that's about what my screen looked like at 50 hours also.

I noticed a big difference in HST performance once I switched the factory fluid out for the LO-VIS - much more responsive, especially when cold.

You replaced your fuel filter at 50 hours also?

/ 50 HOUR
Hey prosperity,
Yes,I replaced every filter except the air.They were fine.

Greg

/ 50 HOUR #4  
Just wondered why you changed the fuel filter @50 hrs when the service interval is 400 hrs?

Edit: OK - my bad - just looked again in my manual and now see where it says to replace the fuel filter yearly.

Edit again - looking in the manual, I see where they have instructions for changing the filter in the sediment bowl - but what about the large spin-on fuel filter?
I find it strange that it isn't mentioned in the manual anywhere I have looked.

So which fuel filter did you change?

/ 50 HOUR #5  
Hey all,
Just did my 50 hour today,actually 49.1:). I'm assuming because those 49 hours weren't "real hard" hours is why there isn't much on my screen,but anyway,I'm surprised at how relatively clean it was.
I didn't have a strap wrench for the spin on fuel filter either,which really made it very difficult to remove. I'll know better next time.
The factory hydro fluid was red.
Start to finish,it took me just about four hours. Everything went pretty smooth,except the fuel filter. So hopefully I'm "good to go" for another 150 hours.:thumbsup:

Greg

Looks good Greg, screen looks normal for the first 50hr service. They use the red fluid to spot leaks easier...It is a whole lot easier to see in the sight glass for sure.

/ 50 HOUR
They use the red fluid to spot leaks easier...It is a whole lot easier to see in the sight glass for sure.

Hey Ken,
Wonder why some guys say after getting the factory stuff out that the tractor seems more responsive,especially in the winter.

Greg

/ 50 HOUR #8  
Hey Ken,
Wonder why some guys say after getting the factory stuff out that the tractor seems more responsive,especially in the winter.

Greg

Cool.. cold.. colder --- makes it goooo sloooo :D

(They normally ship with standard viscosity HyGard; not lo-vis HyGard.)

AKfish

/ 50 HOUR #9  
The factory oil looks prettier and smells better than the replacement stuff. Almost like grenadine.

Here's my filter at 50 hrs.

Attachments

• 100_0623 B.JPG
    100_0623 B.JPG
    576.4 KB · Views: 152