3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I have been searching old posts to determine the set-up for a Hydraulic top link on my OS 3320.

In the past I have read about a hydraulic "splitter" that plugs into the JD quick couplers and provides two hydraulic functions by just pressing a switch. It sounded as though this was not too expensive, was a "plug and play" installation, and would take care of my hydraulic needs.....which is to alternately run either my front grapple (I have those hoses on the tractor) and a hydraulic top link from my existing pair of JD quick couplers.

Can somebody point me in the right direction or advise on this "splitter" set up? The proper name escapes me. :confused:

Also, I am considering using 1/4" hoses for the top link and the front grapple to slow the operation(s). So far It looks like about 30" of hose for the top link. But I may wait for my top link to determine the length.....unless somebody has a good pic of a similar set up?

I'm feeling a bit pesky with asking these questions.,....but I am laid up with a bad back and don't have the ability to go look for myself at the moment.....and I'm trying to get some plans accomplished during my "down time". Like ordering some parts online.

My Markham / Gator grapple came in a week or so ago....and while I have briefly seen it.....it's driving me nuts to try and figure out the hydraulic hook-
ups without getting my hands on stuff...exasperating. :ashamed:

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #2  
The splitter's proper name is electric diverter.

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit
The splitter's proper name is electric diverter.

Thanks. I found some threads on a Fasse valve and electric diverter valve after my post above. If I got it pictured right.....I could use my 3rd function SCV valve to alternately operate two different cylinders (one for my grapple and one for top link).....while not altering the operation of my loader functions via the joystick.

Price at Surplus Center is not too bad either.....like 150 for the valve. :thumbsup:

I wonder if the Fasse valve can be directly plumbed into the rear JD couplers
at the current location? That would facilitate the use of my existing grapple hoses. The research continues.....and the plot thickens. Thanks for the heads up.

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #4  
Thanks. I found some threads on a Fasse valve and electric diverter valve after my post above. If I got it pictured right.....I could use my 3rd function SCV valve to alternately operate two different cylinders (one for my grapple and one for top link).....while not altering the operation of my loader functions via the joystick.

Price at Surplus Center is not too bad either.....like 150 for the valve. :thumbsup:

I wonder if the Fasse valve can be directly plumbed into the rear JD couplers
at the current location? That would facilitate the use of my existing grapple hoses. The research continues.....and the plot thickens. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes to all of the above;)

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #5  
Also, I am considering using 1/4" hoses for the top link and the front grapple to slow the operation(s). So far It looks like about 30" of hose for the top link. But I may wait for my top link to determine the length.....unless somebody has a good pic of a similar set up

1/4" hose is perfect;)

Thanks for confirming all the hydraulic connections Kenny. Hopefully this is going to cost lots less than what I thought it might. And...it should plumb together pretty cleanly. It's lots harder to imagine the connections when you don't have the tractor in front of you for reference.

When I get it all connected together (and back in the game) I will take a few pics. I have not seen a thread on a JD 3X20 series plumbed like this.....YET! ;)

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #7  
1/4 hose is good and I used 24" lines for the HTL. Has worked extremely well.:)

/ 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #8  
Here are the instructions for the installation of the Electric diverter upgrade kit.

Attachments

• Divert Istru_US.pdf
    823.3 KB · Views: 266
Here are the instructions for the installation of the Electric diverter upgrade kit.

While those instructions are interesting to read.....I don't think I am headed down that path. My install should be much simpler.....and cheaper.

What I am contemplating is to use my existing 3rd function hydraulic outlets, which are already located on the rear of this tractor. I will "simply" plug an electric diverter valve to these outlets via my quick couplers. I believe Fasse (brand) originated this set-up ...but I see a similar diverter is available at Surplus Center. The one I am considering is #9-5117-A ...and it costs about $150.

This diverter requires an electric switch....which will allow the selective use of either of two pairs of outlets....both of which can then be controlled by my existing JD 3rd function lever, adjacent to the joystick.

I already have the JD hydraulic hose / line package on my loader which goes from my rear remotes to the front of the tractor. This will be my Primary hydraulics and it will use up one set of my outlets. The other set of outlets will go to my hydraulic top link.

So in essence.....to change from using my grapple up front (primary)...to operating my hydraulic top link....I will simply flip an electric toggle switch to trigger a solenoid on the diverter valve......and proceed to operate the 3rd function lever to now operate the top link. Flip the switch again....and I'm back operating my grapple via the 3rd function lever.

This is all starting to make sense....and its a pretty economical way to operate my needs for two remote cylinders...given what I already have installed on my tractor.

However, I still have a concern about the cylinders being "in sync" with the valve. For example, what happens if your 3rd function lever setting for the front grapple is closed (and the cylinder is full open)....and the hydraulic top link is in the middle of its operating range.....and you flip the electric switch? What is going to happen? :confused:

Last edited:
   / 3320 OS Hydraulic Top Link fit #10  
What I am contemplating is to use my existing 3rd function hydraulic outlets, which are already located on the rear of this tractor. I will "simply" plug an electric diverter valve to these outlets via my quick couplers. I believe Fasse (brand) originated this set-up ...but I see a similar diverter is available at Surplus Center. The one I am considering is #9-5117-A ...and it costs about $150.

Either the 9-5117A or the 9-7852 would be perfectly suitable.

However, I still have a concern about the cylinders being "in sync" with the valve. For example, what happens if your 3rd function lever setting for the front grapple is closed (and the cylinder is full open)....and the hydraulic top link is in the middle of its operating range.....and you flip the electric switch? What is going to happen? :confused:
Nothing. The cylinder might "twitch" a little, but essentially nothing will happen. The ports that are not connected to the IN ports are blocked, so the cylinder will still hold it's position.