JD 110 TLB goes Green!

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Just finished baling the winter feed for our horses and chickens... yes, chickens need hay, too! :D

The 110 did great - everything from running the Kuhn disc mower to the JD 336 baler.

AKfish

Attachments

• AugMow10.JPG
    AugMow10.JPG
    832.3 KB · Views: 1,385
  • Aug10NH254.JPG
    Aug10NH254.JPG
    959.2 KB · Views: 922
  • Aug10Kuhn300.JPG
    Aug10Kuhn300.JPG
    797.9 KB · Views: 570
  • Aug10JD336B.JPG
    Aug10JD336B.JPG
    802.8 KB · Views: 1,325
   / JD 110 TLB goes Green! #2  
nice looking country you have there! first time i've seen a tlb haying. looks like you're rake is missing quite a lot of hay. how much do you need to get through the long winters up there? does that mower have a conditioner?

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #3  
Nice pictures! Sure is strange seeing that 110 without the 'hoe on it!

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #4  
Very versatile machine, all kinds of ways to have fun.:D

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #5  
I wondered if I could use mine for hay -- the question is answered.

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #6  
Blue sky good equipment well done job = great therapy. :)

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #7  
looks like fun. :thumbsup: Nice to see a 110 working in the fields. :thumbsup:

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green!
nice looking country you have there! first time i've seen a tlb haying. looks like you're rake is missing quite a lot of hay. how much do you need to get through the long winters up there? does that mower have a conditioner?

Thanks. Not a good pic of the raking - the Kuhn does a really good job of cleaning up the field. Way, way better job than any of the side delivery or dump rakes that I've used in the past.

It doesn't "rope" or twist the hay together in the windrow like you can get with a side delivery rake (especially if you're turning the windrow over) and is so much faster and efficient than the old-fashioned dump rakes. And it "fluffs" the hay up in the windrow that significantly improves drying.

We need about 200 - 50lb bales per horse per year. When we have cold spells; each horse will eat darn near 2 bales per day! 'Course they're always gonna waste some hay - so, that's what I feed 'em - a couple bales each per day.

No conditioner. That takes a bunch more Hp than the 110 can deliver! You really need about 75hp @ pto for a disc mower/conditioner combination.

My biggest concern was the JD336 baler. I wasn't confident that 33hp @ pto would be enough to turn out good bales - consistently. But we baled almost 500 bales and it didn't miss a single bale!!! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #9  
thats really good pictures and good use of your 110. That's some seriously beautiful countryside you have. Good hunting?

/ JD 110 TLB goes Green! #10  
Hey, AKFish, thanks for these pics and thanks for providing us with some extra info on what the 110 can be used for. I haven't even taken the BH off mine yet. Great pics and a great report.