70A loader .... and other loader options for 955

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #1  

Mechanos

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 955/70A/7 TLB
I've been looking around for a loader and the 70A's seem to be hard to come by. Looks like the options for loaders are the 70A, 300cx, and an aftermarket CTC 9050. I haven't seen any used 300cx loaders, but they are available new from JD. The 955 mounting brackets and oil line conversion kits, etc. are pretty spendy and adds up quick to make the 300cx a costly option.

I see that CTC is now offering a loader for the 955 (model 9050) but it's so new, I haven't heard anything about it. I've read about some people having some problems with CTC loaders, but those seemed to all be problems with the PTO aux. hydraulic pump & pump mount on the smaller garden tractors. Since the 9050 uses the tractor's hydraulics, I don't think there'd be an issue.

So, trying to compare the options, what is the rated lifting capacity of the 70A loader on a 955? Also, was is the lifting capacity of the 300cx on 955? I got the specs for the 9050 off of the CTC website and wanted to see how the other two options compared.

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #2  
The spec sheet from the operator manual for the 70A loader is attached. The far column is for the 955. The other sheet is numbers from a brochure for the 300 series loaders. However, some of those may not correlate directly to a 955. Also, JD Parts only shows a 955 mounting kit for the 300X, not for the 300CX.

Attachments

• 300 specs.jpg
    300 specs.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 3,297
  • 70A specs.jpg
    70A specs.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 5,175
   / 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #3  
Dang, can anyone read those spec's? Or, are my eyes getting that bad??? :D

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #4  
Used loaders are hard to come by...people just don't sell them without tractors because it adds so much to the resale value. If you do find one-it often wrecked anyway.

I have never heard of CTC loaders.

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #5  
Dang, can anyone read those spec's? Or, are my eyes getting that bad??? :D

After you click on the thumbnail to make it bigger, your curser should show a plus symbol meaning if you then click on the full size image it will get bigger still. At that point you will need to scroll to see everything. Since the print was small, I made sure they would expand to a large enough size to read.

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955
Here's a link to the CTC website for those that are interested. I would appreciate it if a few of you could look at it and respond with your thoughts of the loader. I'm new to the loader game and could use some experienced, objective opinions.

Note: I have no affiliation with CTC whatsoever.... I'm just a guy looking for a loader for his tractor.

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #7  
That loader doesn't look half as strong as the 300cx. Still, it might be just what you're looking for. Only you can make that decision. I'll tell you I would never buy your tractor with that loader on it if you were selling it at a later date. Does that change anything for you?

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955 #8  
Have you looked at any of the other brands? Like:

bushhog
quicke
westendorf
woods

I still would be partial to the JD model...

/ 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955
Thanks for the suggestions Kenny. I checked into the Westendorf TA 111. It was quoted to me within a few dollars of the price of a 300CX. I know where one 70A is for sale, but I think it's a bit overpriced. I know of another that might be for sale, but the owner hasn't decided if he wants to sell it or not.