Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 955/70A/7 TLB

Default 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955

I've been looking around for a loader and the 70A's seem to be hard to come by. Looks like the options for loaders are the 70A, 300cx, and an aftermarket CTC 9050. I haven't seen any used 300cx loaders, but they are available new from JD. The 955 mounting brackets and oil line conversion kits, etc. are pretty spendy and adds up quick to make the 300cx a costly option.

I see that CTC is now offering a loader for the 955 (model 9050) but it's so new, I haven't heard anything about it. I've read about some people having some problems with CTC loaders, but those seemed to all be problems with the PTO aux. hydraulic pump & pump mount on the smaller garden tractors. Since the 9050 uses the tractor's hydraulics, I don't think there'd be an issue.

So, trying to compare the options, what is the rated lifting capacity of the 70A loader on a 955? Also, was is the lifting capacity of the 300cx on 955? I got the specs for the 9050 off of the CTC website and wanted to see how the other two options compared.

Tractor
    John Deere 755 purchased new in 1993

Default Re: 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955

The spec sheet from the operator manual for the 70A loader is attached. The far column is for the 955. The other sheet is numbers from a brochure for the 300 series loaders. However, some of those may not correlate directly to a 955. Also, JD Parts only shows a 955 mounting kit for the 300X, not for the 300CX.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 70A loader .... and other loader options for 955-300-specs.jpg   70A loader .... and other loader options for 955-70a-specs.jpg  
    JD 755, 70 Loader, 60 inch MMM, Landpride rear blade, Modern box blade, Wallace subsoiler

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Dang, can anyone read those spec's? Or, are my eyes getting that bad???
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Used loaders are hard to come by...people just don't sell them without tractors because it adds so much to the resale value. If you do find one-it often wrecked anyway.

I have never heard of CTC loaders.
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Tractor
    John Deere 755 purchased new in 1993

Quote Originally Posted by kebo View Post
    Dang, can anyone read those spec's? Or, are my eyes getting that bad???
    After you click on the thumbnail to make it bigger, your curser should show a plus symbol meaning if you then click on the full size image it will get bigger still. At that point you will need to scroll to see everything. Since the print was small, I made sure they would expand to a large enough size to read.
    JD 755, 70 Loader, 60 inch MMM, Landpride rear blade, Modern box blade, Wallace subsoiler

Tractor
    JD 955/70A/7 TLB

Here's a link to the CTC website for those that are interested. I would appreciate it if a few of you could look at it and respond with your thoughts of the loader. I'm new to the loader game and could use some experienced, objective opinions.

Note: I have no affiliation with CTC whatsoever.... I'm just a guy looking for a loader for his tractor.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4200 & X475

That loader doesn't look half as strong as the 300cx. Still, it might be just what you're looking for. Only you can make that decision. I'll tell you I would never buy your tractor with that loader on it if you were selling it at a later date. Does that change anything for you?
    JD 4200 w/ 420 Loader, 8B Backhoe, 59" Snow Blower
    JD X475 w/ 54C Deck & 3-Bag Power Flow

Looking for an engine out of a JD 4300/4310/4400/4410. Send a PM if you have one (or a parts tractor).

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Have you looked at any of the other brands? Like:

bushhog
    quicke
    westendorf
    woods

I still would be partial to the JD model...
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Tractor
    JD 955/70A/7 TLB

Thanks for the suggestions Kenny. I checked into the Westendorf TA 111. It was quoted to me within a few dollars of the price of a 300CX. I know where one 70A is for sale, but I think it's a bit overpriced. I know of another that might be for sale, but the owner hasn't decided if he wants to sell it or not.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Deere 855

I don't know if you are aware but between the 70A and the 300cx, JD adapted the 420 loader to the 855/955. I am not sure if the 430 is the same geometry but something like this might interest you:
    John deere 430 LOADER FITS 4005 OR 990 Tractor Loaders - John Deere MachineFinder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast