JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ?

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ? #1  

nforktractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 JD 3320
Hi Everybody,

Can anybody tell me what size bolt is used to hold the Rear Wheel to the hub on a JD 790. I looked it up in John Deere Parts, and it just says, P/N CH10964, $1.97 but doesn't indicate what size the bolt is. Thanks for any help. David W.

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ? #2  
I think the picture is wrong (happens quite a bit) but #7 looks like your bolt.

Attachments

• John Deere - Parts Catalog - Frame 5.pdf
    118.5 KB · Views: 816
   / JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ? #3  
Hi Everybody,

Can anybody tell me what size bolt is used to hold the Rear Wheel to the hub on a JD 790. I looked it up in John Deere Parts, and it just says, P/N CH10964, $1.97 but doesn't indicate what size the bolt is. Thanks for any help. David W.

What wheels do you have on your 790, nforktractor? Welded centers or bolted? And, do you need the bolts for the rim to wheel center (Ag tires) or the bolts that attach the wheel to the tractor?

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ? #4  
Roy, I think the lines on the picture are wrong. Happens quite a bit. If you look at #2 and #6, they are both M16. But if you lookup #7, its different (14mm thread, 22mm head). So I'm confident #7 is the right bolt.

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ?
Thanks for the replies Arrabil and Roy,

I have the welded centers and turf tires. I have found a company, US Wheel Adapters, that are willing to make some 4" wheel spacers, at a reasonable price, $360 plus shipping, for a a pair! And I had forwarded info from my local JD dealer parts guy, and they needed that and also they needed know the size of that wheel bolt before making the spacers. And my parts guy just left that dealer so don't have an inside line on that technical type of info.

Just looked at it, it is big, not sure if it is as big as the one on the 3520. And I guess I was thinking of buying one and sending it to them.

Here is the info that my parts guy had given me and I had sent to US Wheel Adapters, if anything looks wrong please let me know: 6 BOLT / HUB HOLE 4.017 / BOLT CIRCLE 6.496 / LUG HOLE .689

They were asking me 1/2" or 9/16"? Certainly not a 1/2", I would think.

Thanks for help and any advice, David W.

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ? #6  
Roy, I think the lines on the picture are wrong. Happens quite a bit. If you look at #2 and #6, they are both M16. But if you lookup #7, its different (14mm thread, 22mm head). So I'm confident #7 is the right bolt.

Yeah, Leo...I see what you mean. And the wheel bolts (to the hub of the axle) do take a 22 mm socket.

BTW, David, the 790 takes the same bolts as your old 770. A 14mm bolt is .551" which is pretty close to 9/16ths (.5625")

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ?
Thanks Roy, for the update and bolt size.

/ JD 790 Rear Wheel Bolt ? What Size ? #8  
I had the same issue today and after considerable search the head bolt size for the front is 22mm and rthe rear is 26mm John deere dealer said is wasn't listed in their specks, they had to pull a bolt and measure it