John Deere 4300 Creeping Forward

/ John Deere 4300 Creeping Forward #1  

Greg1

Tractor
John Deere 4300
I have a 2000 John Deere 4300 hydro with 750 hours on it. Recently, the tractor started slowly creeping forward after the pedals are depressed (especially at a higher rpm). I tried adjusting the linkage under the pedals, but it did not help. I completly disconnected the linkage under the pedals, and the tractor still creeps forward. Can someone tell me what I need to adjust, and how to do it?

Thank you

/ John Deere 4300 Creeping Forward #2  
If your 4300 is similar to the '55 series, the linkages operate an eccentric mounted on a bearing at the transaxle. It might be that the mechanism is gummed up, or the eccentric needs adjustment. It's a fairly involved procedure. I would recommend getting a copy of the manual. Keep in mind you will be "driving" forward and reverse when dialing in the eccentric so both rear whells must be securely supported off the ground and the transaxle must be in 2WD

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 280
   / John Deere 4300 Creeping Forward #3  
Neutral adjustment procedure from the 4300 tech manual. It just has you do it trial and error method. Shut off the engine, adjust, restart. Repeat if required. Provides same result but could take more time.

Attachments

• 4300 neutral.jpg
    4300 neutral.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 713
   / John Deere 4300 Creeping Forward #4  
I replaced the rod ends and the eccentric bearing in my 4300 and even after a lot of adjusting, it would still just barely creep in low range on a flat hard surface (driveway) after releasing either pedal. Adjusting one direction caused a reverse creep, adjusting the other caused a forward creep.

I split the difference and just remember to set the parking brake.

Prior to replacing the parts, the pedals would sometime hang at 3/4 speed. Once of that that was enough to convince me to fix it ASAP.

JP

/ John Deere 4300 Creeping Forward #5  
Did you ever solve this issue?
My 4300 has started creeping forward, but did not do that until recently. I don't know what changed. You also said your peddle was sticking. mine also. When I put the peddle all the way down, and then release, it holds up and slowly releases about half way.
I would appreciate your help solving this issue. Thanks