2520 vs 2720

/ 2520 vs 2720 #11  
I had a 2520, currently a 2720. I couldn't tell much of a difference mowing, but could see the benefit when bush hogging or augering grain into bins. Other performance areas are identical. 2520 had a quieter idle and used slightly less fuel.

/ 2520 vs 2720 #12  
I just purchased a 2007 2520 with 84 hours on the clock with 60"
MMM and a 66" front blade. I think I got a pretty good buy on this
slightly used CUT. I hope I don't regret my decision.

Before I bought, I had also been looking at the 2720, just couldn't
find much in the slightly used market. Thought about going new, but
decided that slightly used would be a wiser decision for me.

The 2520 will compliment my 2305, which I most likely will keep and
use mostly for mowing.

My only concern, is that down the road, I will have wished I had gone
with the 2720 for the added HP and torque.

Mostly my 2520 will be for: light dirt work, moving snow, moving rock,
maybe some rear implements for landscaping work, such as a box blade,
tiller, etc...

Current implements that I have are: 200CX 53" FEL, 60" rear blade, 66" front blade for the 2520, ballast box, 47" snowblower for the 2305 and of course MMM for both the 2305 and 2520. I will have to get additional attachements to make the blower work on the 2520, just not sure that I will. May just leave it for the 2305. I would also like to go with a bigger rear blade, maybe a 6 footer. Will it handle a 6 footer ok? Mostly for moving snow and blading some rock.

Tell me that the 2520 will do everything that I want it to do and that I won't
regret my decision. It will just make me feel better. Anyone wish they would have went with the 2720 over the 2520?

I also posted a similar thread on MyTractorForum, so some of you may have already read something similar.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any and all responses.

Greg

I try to do the agonizing, what ifs and so on before I make the purchase, afterwards is a little late.

Just my thinking but if I had a 2xxx tractor and was buying larger I would move up atleast one series and more likely two series. Such as the 2xxx then a 4xxx then 6xxx but obviously this depends on a persons needs.

As far as the difference between the 2520 and 2720 I think they are minimal. Anyways you have already purchased the 2520, so have fun with it.

/ 2520 vs 2720 #13  
Hiya,

Don't worry about the 2720, the 2520 has too much HP for the chassis size as it is. All the extra HP of the 2720 will do is break traction a little eariler. The 2520 has too much power and not enough traction untill you load the rears, add multiple wheel weights and let out some air out of the tires, stock it's almost useless for pushing the bucket into a dirt pile.

My 2 cents,

Tom

/ 2520 vs 2720 #14  
Hiya,

Don't worry about the 2720, the 2520 has too much HP for the chassis size as it is. All the extra HP of the 2720 will do is break traction a little eariler. The 2520 has too much power and not enough traction untill you load the rears, add multiple wheel weights and let out some air out of the tires, stock it's almost useless for pushing the bucket into a dirt pile.

My 2 cents,

Tom

Tom,
I think you'll find that with just about any tractor. Doesn't takea lot to spin the wheels. I always keep substantial weight back there.

Rob

/ 2520 vs 2720 #15  
Tom,
I think you'll find that with just about any tractor. Doesn't takea lot to spin the wheels. I always keep substantial weight back there.

Rob

Exactally.

Tractors are geared so low that it doesn't take much HP to spin the tires in a lower gear.

The added HP does make a difference however when running PTO driven implements. More HP allows you to be able to run bigger cutters/mowers. Or run a like sized mower at a faster ground speed.

It is also a factor when doing things that require a higher rate of ground speed. Such as pulling a plow or disk. Or in my case, towing large trailer loads of firewood in high gear on the road. I wish I had more HP and I wouldn't have to downshift on the bigger hills.

But in the OP's case, 2HP would hardly be noticable. But if he were comparing a 2320 to a 2720, and did a lot of bushhogging or mowing, I bet the added HP would be noticalbe.:2cents:

/ 2520 vs 2720 #16  
Exactally.

Tractors are geared so low that it doesn't take much HP to spin the tires in a lower gear.

The added HP does make a difference however when running PTO driven implements. More HP allows you to be able to run bigger cutters/mowers. Or run a like sized mower at a faster ground speed.

It is also a factor when doing things that require a higher rate of ground speed. Such as pulling a plow or disk. Or in my case, towing large trailer loads of firewood in high gear on the road. I wish I had more HP and I wouldn't have to downshift on the bigger hills.

But in the OP's case, 2HP would hardly be noticable. But if he were comparing a 2320 to a 2720, and did a lot of bushhogging or mowing, I bet the added HP would be noticalbe.:2cents:

True, one thing though, the 2520 is 26 HP and the 2720 is 31.4, so I think you might notice the HP somewhat.

Rob

/ 2520 vs 2720 #17  
But at the PTO the HP is only 20.5 vs 23.5

/ 2520 vs 2720 #19  
I guess my question would be, where you already have a 2305, what will the 2520 do that the 2305 won't do.??

To me, that is like buying a 10 speed bike and buying a 12 speed to go with it.?? Doesn't make sense to me.:confused2:

/ 2520 vs 2720 #20  
I guess my question would be, where you already have a 2305, what will the 2520 do that the 2305 won't do.??

To me, that is like buying a 10 speed bike and buying a 12 speed to go with it.?? Doesn't make sense to me.:confused2:

A lot! The 2520 is many times more tractor. loader, work speed, pulling power, etc.
Put a 5 foot RC on them both and you'll see my point.

Rob