John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #11  
I disagree with this statement, there are still a lot of companies who stand behind their products, it is too bad a great old name like Deere is not one of them

They are the exception and not the rule. The vast majority will only take care of the problem when they get enough negative publicity.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #12  
They are the exception and not the rule. The vast majority will only take care of the problem when they get enough negative publicity.

I am sorry you have such low opinions of corporations, but I work for one such company that bends over backwards for its customers, AND they warrant more than they have to, but we are also the leader in the industry we serve, and that is how we stay the leader.

I also have dealt with many such companies both professionally and in my private life

:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #13  
Also, when you have it in the rear and rear/mid PTO range, the PTO brake is set but when it is just with the MMM, the brake does not work for the rear PTO. is that normal? I hooked my tiller to it recently and had it in mid PTO range but remember the PTO brake being set since it was a hassle to hook up the PTO shaft. i may be wrong but there is something wrong in the tranny. :(:(:(

This is normal, and useful. When I hook up an implement I always deselect that PTO. This way the PTO shaft can be easily turned to line it up with the implement shaft. The brake is ahead of the PTO selector, so when one is deselected it can freewheel.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #14  
I am sorry you have such low opinions of corporations, but I work for one such company that bends over backwards for its customers, AND they warrant more than they have to, but we are also the leader in the industry we serve, and that is how we stay the leader.

I also have dealt with many such companies both professionally and in my private life

:thumbsup:

That's great! Like I said your company is the exception and not the rule. It's absurd that JD won't stand behind this tractor with only 200 hours on it, barely out of warranty.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #15  
When I was in the market for a small tractor back in 2006 I looked at the 2305 Deere and the Kubota 2350.
Sure glad I bought the Kubota.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #16  
It's absurd that JD won't stand behind this tractor with only 200 hours on it, barely out of warranty.

Especially since they have re-engineered it to make it heavier. That's like an admission of deficiency. They should at least supply the parts at cost in that case.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #17  
well, after i told my grandpa about the tranny issues and costs of fixing his 2210, he opted to get a new tractor. This time though, he will get a 3032E and an X320. He originally was gonna get the X300 but i told him to check out the X320 since it has the better tranny in it. The 3032E will be for just grading his horse arenas and occasional rotortilling. Once a year it will pull a cart around the yard to spread bark dust and in the fall to pick up leaves. We stripped the 2210 today of all the accesories we had added to it over the past 5 years and i am excited to try out the 3032E. :D It was the last thing my grandpa wanted to buy but better than fixing the 2210.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure #18  
well, after i told my grandpa about the tranny issues and costs of fixing his 2210, he opted to get a new tractor. This time though, he will get a 3032E and an X320. He originally was gonna get the X300 but i told him to check out the X320 since it has the better tranny in it. The 3032E will be for just grading his horse arenas and occasional rotortilling. Once a year it will pull a cart around the yard to spread bark dust and in the fall to pick up leaves. We stripped the 2210 today of all the accesories we had added to it over the past 5 years and i am excited to try out the 3032E. :D It was the last thing my grandpa wanted to buy but better than fixing the 2210.

What did you do with the 2210?

Trade it in?

D.

/ John Deere 2305 Compact Tractor Transmission and rear PTO failure
I have gained a lot of support from other John Deere 2305 owners and have been asked by many what is the status of the class action suit. My goal for now is to gather a list of names of 2305 owners who have had similar problems and lack of support from John Deere. Once this list reaches a large enough size I plan to take this case to an attorney for review. This is going to be a long drawn out process, which is always the case with anything judicial, but I plan to stay vigilant and lead this case for the sake of John Deere's consumers.

If you have a similar Power Take Off 2305 Transmission problem and want to join our case, please reply to this listing or send me an email with your information including name, address, and Year/SN/Model of the 2305.

Thanks

Jacob

JBarnes6767@gmail.com