Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520

/ Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520 #1  

xrjohndeere

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L4060 HST
Do any of you guys that have the 4520 cab have any trouble shifting the range selector. Mine is very hard to change to different ranges and I have to mess with pushing the pedals back and forth to get it to move. I checked the cable linkage and it is not binding. I even took the linkage off and tried moving the range selector by hand on the tranny and it was very hard. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

/ Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520 #2  
Mine is the same way. I have to jockey back and forth sometimes using the brakes in a combination. I figured it is the nature of the beast!

/ Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520 #3  
My 2010 4320 OS is the same way. Sometimes have to jockey back and forth while moving range selector. My JD 3720 cab tractor and Kubota M8200 are also the same way so I'm used to it.

/ Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520 #4  
I've got the same problem going into neutral with my 2320. The dealer gave me some technobable about preloaded bearings and advised me to take it out of four wheel drive first.

/ Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520
Thanks Guys. I guess it is something I will have to get used to.

/ Trouble with shifting John Deere 4520 #6  
Yeah, mine's the same way. I have a Kubota B7610 which does the same thing (even after 500 hours) so I guess it doesn't bother me. It must be something to do with the hydro transmissions.