John Deere 2320 problem

/ John Deere 2320 problem #1  

dstratton

I have a John Deere 2320 with about 220 hours on it. About 20 hours ago the hydro fluid started getting milky and not pumping correctly so I changed the filter and replaced the fluid. Everything went fine until the last hour of so of usage. The engine seems reluctant to hit full RPM. I have changed oil, replaced the oil, air, and fuel filters as well as adding more hydro fluid. When I try to mow, it acts low on power, even going up a small hill presents a problem. The last symptom was the chug-chug-chug in the hydro at which point I returned to the shed. Any ideas? The hydro fluid in the glass looks like new. There are no odd noises, smells, or leaks to be found... Am I headed to the dealer's shop?

/ John Deere 2320 problem #2  
I have a John Deere 2320 with about 220 hours on it. About 20 hours ago the hydro fluid started getting milky and not pumping correctly so I changed the filter and replaced the fluid. Everything went fine until the last hour of so of usage. The engine seems reluctant to hit full RPM. I have changed oil, replaced the oil, air, and fuel filters as well as adding more hydro fluid. When I try to mow, it acts low on power, even going up a small hill presents a problem. The last symptom was the chug-chug-chug in the hydro at which point I returned to the shed. Any ideas? The hydro fluid in the glass looks like new. There are no odd noises, smells, or leaks to be found... Am I headed to the dealer's shop?

have you checked engine coolant

see if the vent is clogged, on my tractor it's the filler cap

/ John Deere 2320 problem
Coolant level is good. Cap is clear and clean.

/ John Deere 2320 problem #4  
another possibility is frothing, next time you notice the problem take a sample and put in in a clear sealed container and let it sit and see if there is any fluid seperation

/ John Deere 2320 problem #5  
Dose your tractor have a power beyond? if so are the two hoses hooked togther like they are supposed to be?

I dont have the front or rear connectors if that is what you mean. If I take a sample, would I need to do it while the tractor is hot?

/ John Deere 2320 problem #7  
I dont have the front or rear connectors if that is what you mean. If I take a sample, would I need to do it while the tractor is hot?

take one cold and hot

something tall and thin like a test tube would show the results better

/ John Deere 2320 problem #8  
Mine was going this. When first mowing it would run weak and then strong. It was becoming more frequent. Then real bad. Mine was the fuel filter. After changing it all was good. But I think you said you just changed the fuel filter. :confused:

Figured it out. It was one of those weird / stupid moments. I had the ROPS bar folded down (like normal, shame on me) and the three point with iMatch in the raised position. At some point, the ROPS had gotten in the way of the three point coming all the way up. It was desperately trying to raise that last inch or so, expending however much power pushing against the ROPS. At least it was an easy fix once discovered. :eek:

/ John Deere 2320 problem #10  
i had prob with my 2320 when i lowerd the rops it touched the power beyond hoses i was afraid it would lower it to quick some time and bust the hoses so i bolted a small plate in between the hing part so it dosnt fold down as far.