59" front mount blower

/ 59" front mount blower #1  

defed

Gold Member
have a 4300 w/ 420 loader. have found a 59" blower, cpl yrs old, still on the pallet (never used)...listed for $2500. reduced by $1000 from last wk when i 1st saw it. includes all mounting parts as far as i can tell.

i've read thru alot of threads here...some say it's an easy 15 min job to go from blower to loader...some say it's a difficult 5 min job...and lots of other opinions in between. so how easy is it to make the swap? i would like the front blower...but a rear 3pt would be nice to be able to keep the loader on (and cheaper).

i use a 48" blower on my large wheelhorse garden tractor now, and i haven't really needed a loader to help move the snow, so i think i might be ok w/ just the front blower, but who knows what else i might want the loader for.

pretty sure $2500 is a pretty good deal on that blower, but also don't really want to spend that much when a rear mount can be had for around $1000. if the thing gets down to $1500, i'm all over it either way!

/ 59" front mount blower #2  
have a 4300 w/ 420 loader. have found a 59" blower, cpl yrs old, still on the pallet (never used)...listed for $2500. reduced by $1000 from last wk when i 1st saw it. includes all mounting parts as far as i can tell.

Just make sure it has all the mounting brackets and other gear. In fact, I'd suggest having the dealer's techs install it the first time.
I don't have a front blower (don't need a blower for my drive), but a buddy of mine does (goes on a 4310). He normally has the dealer's guys rig it up, but he (who is not mechanically inclined) and his brother (who is) took about an hour to swap from the loader to the blower.

/ 59" front mount blower #3  
I can't say how long on a 4300 but ,guessing 15-30min tops..to go from frt blower to FEL.
Sure saves the neck having the frt blower..

/ 59" front mount blower #4  
3720 w/ 59" front blower and 300CX loader... I've only done it twice, but it only took 20-30 minutes as I recall. Each time will get easier too.