Gold Member

Default 59" front mount blower

have a 4300 w/ 420 loader. have found a 59" blower, cpl yrs old, still on the pallet (never used)...listed for $2500. reduced by $1000 from last wk when i 1st saw it. includes all mounting parts as far as i can tell.

i've read thru alot of threads here...some say it's an easy 15 min job to go from blower to loader...some say it's a difficult 5 min job...and lots of other opinions in between. so how easy is it to make the swap? i would like the front blower...but a rear 3pt would be nice to be able to keep the loader on (and cheaper).

i use a 48" blower on my large wheelhorse garden tractor now, and i haven't really needed a loader to help move the snow, so i think i might be ok w/ just the front blower, but who knows what else i might want the loader for.

pretty sure $2500 is a pretty good deal on that blower, but also don't really want to spend that much when a rear mount can be had for around $1000. if the thing gets down to $1500, i'm all over it either way!

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Default Re: 59" front mount blower

Quote Originally Posted by defed View Post
    have a 4300 w/ 420 loader. have found a 59" blower, cpl yrs old, still on the pallet (never used)...listed for $2500. reduced by $1000 from last wk when i 1st saw it. includes all mounting parts as far as i can tell.
    Just make sure it has all the mounting brackets and other gear. In fact, I'd suggest having the dealer's techs install it the first time.
    I don't have a front blower (don't need a blower for my drive), but a buddy of mine does (goes on a 4310). He normally has the dealer's guys rig it up, but he (who is not mechanically inclined) and his brother (who is) took about an hour to swap from the loader to the blower.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    JD 1026R

I can't say how long on a 4300 but ,guessing 15-30min tops..to go from frt blower to FEL.
    Sure saves the neck having the frt blower..
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

Tractor
    JD 3720 cab

3720 w/ 59" front blower and 300CX loader... I've only done it twice, but it only took 20-30 minutes as I recall. Each time will get easier too.