3-Point Hitch 5083E depth adjustment

/ 5083E depth adjustment #1  

Randy5083E

Tractor
John Deere 5083E
I just purchased a JD 5083E and there is nothing to stop the hitch lever from going all the way forward. There is plastic square but no "finger" that the lever can stop against. I spoke to the dealer and after looking at another tractor it appears it is an engineering flaw. Anyone else have this problem?

/ 5083E depth adjustment
Stravis,

Thanks for the photo however, I won't be able to check what I have as my tractor was stolen sometime between Mon. night 12/6 and Tues. afternoon. I will be looking to get another 5083E soon. The 40 hours I was able to put on it I have been impressed with the performance. I bought a 4/18 plow and in heavy sod it pulled through well (had all it can handle though). I was looking into putting duals on it as some of my fields have some steep slopes and holes just big enough to fit a tire but haven't figured out how.

/ 5083E depth adjustment #5  
How in the _ did someone steal a 5083? The thing weighs 10,000#?

/ 5083E depth adjustment
They had a key and after talking to several dealers the key will fit several tractors. I am about to start building a new house so the land is vacant and no neighbors close enough to have seen anything. I've been searching ebay and craigslist but haven't found any adds. Glad I was forced to have insurance on it.