JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem

/ JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem #1  

jgbanshee

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 310SE, JD 4300, JD 5210, JD 450 Crawler, CAT D3B, Ford 2N, Ford 5000 Ford 4000su, Ford 1100
I am having problems with my 430 loader on my 4300. When raising the loader up in the air I leave off the joystick for a second the loader drops. Then when playing with the joystick a bit I noticed that if I pull back on the joystick slightly the loader will actually begin to fall instead of raising. Anyone know what the problem is?

/ JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem #2  
Fluid level OK?

(ADDED) I didn't catch that line about letting off the stick and the loader dropping. Sounds like you might be getting to the cylinder rebuild time.

Last edited:
   / JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem
Looking at the sight glass by the rear PTO, the level looks good.

The loader also seems to move slower too.

Last edited:
   / JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem #4  
Load check sticking?
That would be my guess

Kim

What is load check?

/ JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem #6  
What is load check?

The load check is in the valve, it keep the ports blocked until there is positive pressure so the cylinder does not move.

It is part # 53 in the diagram below. If you are lucky, there is just a piece of debris in it...If you do not have the service manual, I will suggest you get one soon.

Attachments

• 430.gif
    430.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,759
I removed the Load Check that is inline with the chrome shaft that works the up and down loader movement and found no debris in there. Put it back together and still the same problem. Slow moving and about a half inch to and inch drop when I release the joystick. I assume that I took the correct Load Check out to clean. The bucket rollback and dump work great and at a normal speed. What else can I try?

I have the manual and I thought I check the correct load check. Please tell me if I am wrong. Attached is the 3-spool diagram. The Load Check consists of a cap, o-ring, spring, and plastic cylinder. Everything was free of debris as well as the port hole.

Attachments

• JD TechMan.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 351
   / JD 430 Loader Hydraulic Problem #10  
Possibly it is worn ever-so-slightly. There is not a procedure for verifying it's operation in the manual?