Berco cab installation on 2305

/ Berco cab installation on 2305 #1  

prairiecannon

Tractor
JD 2305
I posted a few weeks ago wondering if anyone had suggestions on installing a Berco soft cab on a 2305, primarily because the directions assume metal footrests and a slightly smaller frame than the 2305. The Berco unit is a "universal" type so was fairly adaptable and I am including some photos of the installation.

I swung the rear support posts (which attach to the rear hitch plate) to the side, which meant the rear vertical supports would be in front of the ROPS - this was necessary because the tractor has about an inch of clearance above the ROPS when entering the garage, and this way I could control the height of the cab to be below the ROPS. I have a couple of inches clearance above the rear tires.

I also used a couple of thin perforated nail plates to anchor bolts on the top side of the foot rests and bolted the front supports on the lower side.

The installation went fairly smoothly and I made the first run at sanding a steep driveway hill yesterday in relative comfort with a 20 mph wind blowing and a wind chill in the single digits.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,198
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    964 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    876.5 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 1,479
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 1,943
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 1,505
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 1,192
   / Berco cab installation on 2305 #2  
Looks good. I want to buy my father-in-law a soft cab for his Deere and I'm looking at the Bercomac options. What size berco cab did you install? The 34" or 40" wide option. Are you still happy with it?

/ Berco cab installation on 2305
I have the 40 inch model which fits the 2305 pretty well. I've been out sanding and plowing snow for about an hour several times and vision is good all around and it has been very comfortable, especially if the sun is out.

Once I learned to unzip the flap before trying to pop out, it's been an excellent addition.:)

I went with the soft cab because I had only an inch or so clearance between the ROPS and the garage door and most other hard cabs or hard/soft combos extend above the ROPS...plus the price was right. :thumbsup:

/ Berco cab installation on 2305 #4  
Would you mind sharing with us who you purchased from ? I spoke with Jim @ Jims Tractor in Minn, about one for my 755. It looks good , glad to hear from an unbiased opinion.

I got mine from Jim's Tractor in Hastings, MN.

/ Berco cab installation on 2305 #6  
I wondered if anybody else sold them besides Jim, I will probably by mine from him though.

Check the Bercomac website. They are a Canadian company, I believe, and you can search for dealers that might be closer to you. I live in MN so it was easy for me to go to Jim's and pick mine up. :)

Good luck!

/ Berco cab installation on 2305 #8  
The Bercomac website has a dealer locator. There is also a company called originalcab that has a few options and another called universal tractor cab that will ship directly to you. The Berco was the most affordable that I found.

/ Berco cab installation on 2305 #9  
"I went with the soft cab because I had only an inch or so clearance between the ROPS and the garage door and most other hard cabs or hard/soft combos extend above the ROPS"

The Curtis cab is basicly the same hieght as my 2210/2305 ROPS

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

blizzND

Bliz, that half inch above the ROPS is about all the wiggle room I had with my garage door. My door is manual and wants to creep back down an inch or so unless I give it a firm final lift. When I talked to the JD dealer about looking into a hard cab, he contacted Curtis. They gave the distance above the floorboard needed to clear the top of the cab, and that distance was almost exactly the door opening height I had. (see the Dumbest Thing You Have Done with your Tractor thread and all the ROPS involved with garage door redecorating). I didn't want to spend the big bucks and find out I couldn't conveniently move into and out of the garage. I also will be removing the cab in warm weather since I encounter low-hanging branches while out on the property mowing, woodcutting, hauling, etc.

I appreciate your pictures and tape measurement - that gives the true story about clearance between the ROPS and the Curtis cab top and is the kind of very helpful info available within this forum.

Meanwhile we'll see how the soft cab holds up against the wind and snow in southeast MN when I plow today.