model 93 backhoe

/ model 93 backhoe #1  

gilraine

Bronze Member
Tractor
none yet
i have a model 500 TLB with a model 93 hoe on teh back... does any one have any specs for this hoe? it seems incredibly strong for its size, but I have very little frame of reference..how would this hoe compare to more modern ones like the deere 485..im considering replacing the machine with a 110 to be more functional for me, the 500 has no 3 point hitch..

/ model 93 backhoe
bump to top, hopefully someone can help...

/ model 93 backhoe #3  
I do not have any exact specs for this hoe but there will not be a power comparible version in the compact line. the 93, 93a, 94, 95, etc hoes where an attatchment for a cross of machines, 544 payloaders to 1010 crawlers, etc, etc. They could be open or closed system valves, being on a 500 this will be a closed system. The 93 actually used a cylinder for its swing as opposed to a vane style swing that the older units had. the comparison in terms of chassis would be another utility tractor (the 500 was the industiral version of a 3020) The nice thing about a heavy old chunk of iron like a 500 is you can probably dig in the frost with the correct teeth. If you only need a 10' depth and are not concerned about digging in the frost (as opposed to picking at it) then the 110 IMAO is a darn good little hoe. The