Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #1  

brian22

Tractor
2720 John Deere
I have a 2720 and love it...thinking about a front end snow blower...anyone have any idea of total costs for one...and if anyone has a 2720 w/ a blower..how does it work??

Thanks

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #3  
You are looking at around 4k to get a front snowblower. You can go through the "build it Yourself" pages on the JD website to see the retail prices.

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #4  
They are expensive, but they are really nice. We do not get that much snow where we live, but have many of the problems associated with living in the NE on our mountain. We get several 4+ inch snowfalls each year, and one or two 10+ inch snowfalls on average. My roads and drive are narrow and run along steep hillsides. Last year in particular we had a hard time finding a place to put the plowed snow. I have convinced my wife that we should consider a blower if we have some rough winters in a row, and I would go with the 54" for my little 2320 also.

John M

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #5  
I purchased an almost new 54 snow blower for my 2320 and I love it. I got lucky and found a unit on Craigslist, I paid $2,500.00 The previous owner kept it waxed and it is in perfect shape. I had to purchase the attach brackets and make a new drive shaft as the previous owner had it mounted on a 2520. I haven't yet found a snow pile I couldn't move. I used a blade at first, that works well on light snow but you have to be careful not to damage hard surface driveways and grass areas. I do not use the blower on my 300 foot gravel drive to my barn; I save that task for the blade on my 2520.

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #6  
The front blowers are great! I've used a 47" on my 2320 for several years in the Catskills with all kinds of snow and all depths (4 feet!). I liked it so much I went for the big bucks 59" front blower for my 3320.
Rob

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #7  
For that price I can almost put a V-Plow on my truck, and sit in the cab with the heat on and in a T shirt with a beverage of my choice! :thumbsup:

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #8  
For that price I can almost put a V-Plow on my truck, and sit in the cab with the heat on and in a T shirt with a beverage of my choice! :thumbsup:

Blowers are nicer, especially when you have no place to put a couple of feet of snow fall.

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #9  
Brian,

The blower is gonna cost you $4k, no joke. There are faster ways to move little snow, but no better way to move big snow.

With a big driveway, in you're area of the country, I'd put pen to paper and try to work out a way to get one.

Joe

/ Front End Snow Blower for 2720..how much$$ #10  
Blowers are nicer, especially when you have no place to put a couple of feet of snow fall.

Ya, I have 7 acres tho, and don't have the time to spend on the blower.