Snow 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight?

/ 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight? #1  

meb9796

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3720
The specs say it can lift 1,100 lbs(approximate) at the lift arms and 650lbs (approximate) 24" from the lift arms. How much are you guys lifting out there? I've got a chipper that weighs over 400, a brush hog that has to weigh close to that, and a PHD that is also heavy but sticks out way behind the tractor. I'm trying to get a bigger chipper that weighs 800lbs and I'm wondering if the tractor will be able to move it?

Thanx!

/ 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight? #2  
The 2505 has a limited CAT-1 hitch so on the lifting front I don't think that it will lift an 800 lbs splitter, and the other issue may be that vertical height. The 2305 is not capable of lifting many taller attachments.

/ 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight? #3  
Rated lift capacity for 2305 is 681 lbs 24" behind the link arms. 800 lb chipper has most of the weight toward the back. It might be able to lift it but will be close. The PHD is no issue. 400 lb bush hog should be ok. You will need front end weights unless it has a FEL.

/ 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight? #4  
Time for a bigger tractor. :D

You have a great excuse or three. :)

/ 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight? #5  
Lifting is only part of the problem as I read...Will you have the HP to effectivley run a bigger chipper?

/ 2305 3pt hitch lifting weight? #6  
Even if it will lift it, you will be stressing everything to the MAX. Including the engine because it probabally requires a lot of HP. I personally wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis as longevity will probabally suffer a lot.