Snow John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP

/ John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP #1  

joeIII

Tractor
John Deerer 2350
Swapped loader with Blower attachment--everything seems right.
But, engine stalls out 2-3 seconds after engaging mid PTO.
Blower is on Ground and in Float Mode.
RPM is 1500 as recommended on PTO start up.
My first inclination is to STOP--maybe not set up right.
Doubled check PTO and all connections--everything looks right--this is first use for blower.
Maybe need more RPM, but it should spin with no load.

10-15" Snow on way--any HELP appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe3

/ John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

Sounds more like the seat switch is not working properly? You haven't modified it in any way have you?

If not, when it dies does it cut off like the key was turned or does is sound like it's loaded and bogs down? When the tractor is OFF, and the PTO selector is in the REAR position, can you freely rotate the auger?

/ John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP
Thanks--I am in business.
Should have figured that one, since I am in charge of Safety for company.
I though that only for when you are in gear, but a great idea for safety.

If you do not mind:
1. RPM??guess it depends on snow.
2. Height of blower--came set on B, but I was going to change to A (I have an asphalt driveway).

And I should got a full enclosure--best type??

Thanks again,
jp3

/ John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP #4  
So did you modify the switch or where you just trying to start the PTO while you where off the seat?

There is a mark on the tachometer-looks like a PTO shaft, the engine should be ran at that RPM to allow the blower to do it's job effectively. That mark equates to 540 RPM on the rear PTO, and 2100 RPM on the front PTO.

If you have asphalt, then you can set it lower to the ground-no problem.

Buy enclosure, I assume you mean a cab? Well, you can spend anywhere from 1k to 5k on one. Here are some, and some search terms:

Search these phrases:

Jodale Perry
Curtis
Original Tractor Cab

ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation

Curtis Industries, LLC

Original Tractor Cab

/ John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP #5  
For the money the original cab cannot be beat. I have the original cab on my 455 and a Curtis on my 4210 and for snowblowing the original cab was the best value. I have quite a big driveway and could not imagine snowblowing without a cab.

/ John Deere 2350--54" Snow Blower HELP #6  
For the money the original cab cannot be beat. I have the original cab on my 455 and a Curtis on my 4210 and for snowblowing the original cab was the best value. I have quite a big driveway and could not imagine snowblowing without a cab.

Agree with pilot-werx for the money it can't be beat..