Frontier front blade

/ Frontier front blade #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
I have a frontier blade that goes on my 4720 loader arms. It is a manual angle right now. There is a 500.00 dual cylinder kit to make it hyd angle like a truck snow plow. I wonder if I could just install some brackets and use a single hyd cylinder like most people do on a rear blade?? What do you guys think? I have an extra cylinder like is on my rear blade. All I would have to do is extend the hoses.

/ Frontier front blade
This is the type of cylinder I am talking about that I have laying around.

267354.jpg

/ Frontier front blade #3  
KB9UDE said:
I have a frontier blade that goes on my 4720 loader arms. It is a manual angle right now. There is a 500.00 dual cylinder kit to make it hyd angle like a truck snow plow. I wonder if I could just install some brackets and use a single hyd cylinder like most people do on a rear blade?? What do you guys think? I have an extra cylinder like is on my rear blade. All I would have to do is extend the hoses.

I wouldn't see why that'd be a problem. Go onto eBay there should be photos you can look at as a reference. Just make sure when you angle the blade that there are no obstructions. Let me know how you make out. I've got a 3720 cab tractor with a deere front blade manual angle.

/ Frontier front blade
These are photos showing what the blade would be like if I paid the 500.00 for the kit. I think it could be done with the single cylinder and weld on some mounting tabs...

af11_product.jpg

450049_af11e_opt_hyd_angle_adj_b_275.jpg

450131_af12_kf1_hydraulics_275.jpg

/ Frontier front blade #5  
It can certainly be done, but two SA cylinders would be a stronger setup since both side of the blade would be supported. What size is the blade?

/ Frontier front blade
7ft blade. I agree that 2 cylinders would be stronger but really dont want to spend 500 on a kit for a blade I use a few times a year.

/ Frontier front blade #7  
7ft blade. I agree that 2 cylinders would be stronger but really dont want to spend 500 on a kit for a blade I use a few times a year.

Understood. Then modify your plow to accept 2 Meyers or Western style SA plow cylinders-they can be had for +/- $50 at Bailey's or eBay.

/ Frontier front blade
Thanks Kenny!! I knew you would know what to do...How do you plumb the cylinders with only 2 hoses?

/ Frontier front blade #9  
Simple. The valve will see the two SA cylinders as one DA cylinder. So one (1/4" is all you need) hose to each QD, if it moves in a unexpected direction reverse the hoses.

Going to use a rear remote or ?

/ Frontier front blade
Yes I need to install an electric diverter for my rear scv. I use it currently to angle rear blade plowing snow. So if I understand correctly I run two hoses from scv to blade up front and one hose into each cylinder. When fluid goes into one cylinder it will push back out of the other and vice versa??

Thanks Kenny