3-Point Hitch JD 4410 Rockshaft Will Not Lift

/ JD 4410 Rockshaft Will Not Lift #1  

andmfg

Blowing snow for the first time this year and almost done when I couldn't raise the rockshaft arms. I have had a very small oil leak over the past summer so I checked the oil level and it was a gal low so I filled it. No luck with the rockshaft arms. All other hydraulics work great. Looking at the manuel I note two other things to check: the rockshaft control valve filter and the oil suction screen and filter. Any one have this problem. What should I look at first and how did you fix this problem?

/ JD 4410 Rockshaft Will Not Lift #2  
I've never had to replace the rockshaft control valve on either of my JD's.

However, I have cleaned the suction screen and replaced the hydraulic filter's - that's just required maintainence.

Have you tried to adjust the rockshaft drop/stop valve that's located at the base of the tractor seat between your legs? I'd open the valve up as far as possible (with a load on the 3pt arms - rear blade, etc.) and with the engine at a fast idle; run the 3pt lever up and down - cycle the 3pt.

If your other hyd functions are working correctly - loader and steering - it's not likely the suction screen or the hyd filter that's the problem.

More likely, the problem would be either the rockshaft control valve or the rockshaft lift cylinder.

AKfish