366 front blade on a 3520

/ 366 front blade on a 3520 #1  

bud4410

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 3520 HST open station turf tires air seat jd 997 ztrak 72"
i am setting up my 366 blade on my 3520 for the first time. i clear a blacktop drive. do you set it so it rides on the two feet with the edge of the blade about 1/2" off the pavement? how about the top link? top hole or bottom? i can lengthen the link to rock it forward on the feet to get the blade closer or shorten to raise it. the feet are pitched forward. does this sound correct? do you put the bolts in the u shaped brackets on the long arms in the top holes to let it ride up & down in the U or in the bottom holes to use the float off of the hyd cyl? you guys with the new front hitch & 366 blade please give me your thoughts. thanks in advance.............bud

/ 366 front blade on a 3520 #2  
i think john deere screwed up we have 2 of these at work and the skid shoes don't ride at the correct angle, but if you cut the bracket that holds the shoes off and invert it the shoes wil be level . i was wondering how long it would take before people started wondering what was up with this . we plow a lot of concrete so i made brackets to hold pick up truck shoes they will last a lot longer. hope this helps

/ 366 front blade on a 3520 #3  
sorry i al most forgot top link i have them in the bottom hole and the u shape long arms also at the bottom , use youre hydraulic float when plowing , you may also have to rotate the hydraulic lines a little bit for more ground clearance the ones on the bottom at the block

/ 366 front blade on a 3520 #4  
i think john deere screwed up we have 2 of these at work and the skid shoes don't ride at the correct angle, but if you cut the bracket that holds the shoes off and invert it the shoes wil be level . i was wondering how long it would take before people started wondering what was up with this . we plow a lot of concrete so i made brackets to hold pick up truck shoes they will last a lot longer. hope this helps

This was a problem on the older #380 blades as well. My friend Wayne first noticed it on his #366, so he cut the bracket and added a spacer at the top so the shoes wear evenly, When I got my #380 I did that same thing. Look at my pictures below>

Attachments

• DSC09850 (Large).JPG
    DSC09850 (Large).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC09849 (Large).JPG
    DSC09849 (Large).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 702
   / 366 front blade on a 3520 #5  
it looks as if when these were put together they were installed inverted . its not a dificult fix , but for the price of them you shouldn't have to remanufacture them

/ 366 front blade on a 3520
thanks toolbox & kenny for your help. i did tweak the hyd fittings for maximum clearance for the hyd hoses. it is a shame that deere doesnt use a better setup for the skid shoe. would be nice if they used a system like is on a western plow with the shoe on a round post which can rotate and so easy to change height by just moving washers up or down.

/ 366 front blade on a 3520 #7  
No problem Bud...If I can be of any help let me know, I's not that far away. I could fix the shoe problem for you if you don't have a welder.

kenny, thanks so much for the offer. no i don't have a welder but i have been playing with the plow and by shortening the top link i am able to correct a lot of the slant of the shoes but nowhere near perfect. i think i will wait for some snow to try it out and then make a decision on what to do. as was said previously it should have been better engineered by deere. but thanks again for your interest & have a great new year.............bud

/ 366 front blade on a 3520 #9  
kenny, thanks so much for the offer. no i don't have a welder but i have been playing with the plow and by shortening the top link i am able to correct a lot of the slant of the shoes but nowhere near perfect. i think i will wait for some snow to try it out and then make a decision on what to do. as was said previously it should have been better engineered by deere. but thanks again for your interest & have a great new year.............bud

No problem Bud...we can fix it in the spring if you want, be my pleasure to help.

kenny, you are a gentleman & a scholar. will be in touch..........bud