Adding Factory cab to open station

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
So I'm at the local dealer talking canopy's with him and he tells me that the Deere factory cab can be installed on an open station. I looked on the JD parts site and sure enough there's a kit to add it. I doesn't include pricing (which I'm thinking is in the 7k range list ). I think few will dispute the fit an finish of the factory deere cabs. The dealer said he's had a few others add cabs after the went OS. I'm going to take a beating if I were to trade mine for a cabbed unit(more than 7k). Has anyone here gone this route? I'm thinking that that I could install it myself for around 6k-6.5k. So am I totally nuts or what?:confused:

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #2  
Well, Seven Grand is a fair piece of change...so how bad do you want a cab?

However, if you intend to keep your 3320 for many years, it might be worth it.
Just be aware you'll likely never get your money out of it, if you sell the tractor.

As an alternative, you might want to look into a Cozy Cab. Here's the manufacturer's website: Custom Product of Litchfield Ohio. You have to dig around a bit, but they do make hard cabs. These go for around $3500, IIRC. I don't know if that includes installation.

Good luck in your decision...

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #3  
Let me be the first to wager that you would be into it for waaaaaay over seven grand once you started changing parts over to mate with the cab. Just curious how you came up with the 7 grand figure.

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #4  
GWH,
Just make sure of all the parts and materials needed for the transition before you do it. I don't think adding the cab is a big deal and you shoud be able to handle the task. I installed my Laurin cab on the 110 in one day.

If you can swing it though are you sure this is what you wan't or would you prefer to upgrade in size with a cab instead?

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #5  
If you need a cab just for the winter time the aftermarkets do a pretty good job , I was in the same situation traded my new Holland TC 40 open platform for a T2420 super cab I basically justified it by buying a larger frame tractor and PTO horsepower at the time the incentives were really good it wasn't too bad trading in a three-year-old tractor, the alternative was to put a cab with air-conditioning and heat on my TC 40 I forget the manufacturer name but it would've been close to $9000 between labor and parts it was cheaper just to trade the tractor in. I can only imagine John Deere factory cab would be more?? So there you have it, you just have to convince yourself how much money do you really want to spend to arrive at the outcome you desire I vote trade it in for the next size tractor you'll get a bigger machine and you'll enjoy the comfort, if my father were alive he would kick me in the pants for owning a cab tractor and wasting money LOL ;-) take care

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #6  
Man my Curtis cab insalled was just a bit over 4 grand 2 winters ago.. How bad do you need a JD part number?

The green paint matches..
IMG_0112.jpg

it beats the heck out of bomber hat and goggles fro blowing snow.

blizz

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #7  
Man my Curtis cab insalled was just a bit over 4 grand 2 winters ago.. How bad do you need a JD part number?

The green paint matches..
IMG_0112.jpg

it beats the heck out of bomber hat and goggles fro blowing snow.

blizz

My thoughts exactly. I just put on a hard side Curtis cab on my
2520 for a little over $4000, which included the heater unit. I did
all the work myself, except for the heater.

/ Adding Factory cab to open station #8  
Holy tihs!!! 4 grand for that cab, wow... Im betting the factory unit for the 3xxx HAS to be more than 7k. Jeebus things cost alot these days.

/ Adding Factory cab to open station
I know there are cheaper cabs out there but the fit and finish is not evan close to a factory deere cab. I looks like the hardest part of the install is the right side controls other than that it looks like it just bolts up. It's not just the winter operation where a cab would be great. I do a bit of brush hogging an harley raking in the summer and it sure is hot an dusty. Not to knock anyones aftermarket cab but they all seem kind of cheese. I'm going to do some more recon before I make my decision. I'd like to hear from some cabbed owners also.

Matt

/ Adding Factory cab to open station
Let me be the first to wager that you would be into it for waaaaaay over seven grand once you started changing parts over to mate with the cab. Just curious how you came up with the 7 grand figure.

I got the pricing from my dealer and jd parts.