Loader just purchased a used john deere and a rookie

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #1  

kac6261

Tractor
john deere tlb 110
Hi just purchased jd tlb 110 and i don't have a owners manual. Tried it tonight to plow snow but couldnt get it to move the brake was disengaged and was in neutral. Just drove it yesterday. Please help thanks

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

Here is a link to the online OM: OMLVU13606_H3

This is a little confusing:
couldnt get it to move the brake was disengaged and was in neutral

It won't move in neutral...or did you mis-type?

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #3  
EXCUSE me please,..Not sure I understand your problem there Kac? Perhaps you didn't mean what you said? Try to be a little more specific,... but if it was, "in fact",.. actually in "Neutral",... (as you stated),.. No, it certainly will not move,.... you must put it in gear!

But then again,...CAUTION: if your operating experience is limited to this point,... I must strongly advise you to remove yourself (and others) safely "AWAY" from the tractor until you have taken the trouble to "learn" a whole lot more about such things!!

The very first thing you must realize is that tractors can be extremely dangerous even to the experienced operator!

Kac,... my sincere apologies to you,..."IF",.. in fact, I have read you wrong! I really hope it's "MY" mistake and not yours! Good Luck and Happy New Year!

CHEERS !
. . tug

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #4  
Congrats on your new tractor - and welcome to TBN!

The owner's manual is a good investment for all users. I've picked up a number of different OEM manual's on eBay that were in very good condition and inexpensive.

If you don't run across a manual for a 110TLB, you can order one on the JD website or from your local dealer as well.

When I upgraded from a smaller, JD 970TLB to the 110TLB, I was fairly intimidated by the size and power of the machine!! It was very unforgiving towards fences, buildings, trees - basically anything that got in the way!

Before, with the 970, I might chip or dent something - with the 110; I'd flat out WRECK stuff! :eek:

Best thing is to get somewhere with alot of room and just run the machine thru it's paces - over and over - that way you can get to know the controls and not hurt yourself or anything else!! :D

Best of luck with your tractor - and, yes - post some pics!! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #5  
The owner's manual is a good investment for all users. I've picked up a number of different OEM manual's on eBay that were in very good condition and inexpensive.

If you don't run across a manual for a 110TLB, you can order one on the JD website or from your local dealer as well.

AK, did you read my post at all?

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie
Hi thank you for the quick response. Sorry wasn't so exact. I had the brake off placed it in gear and throttle. it wouldn't move and when i pressed the gas or brake pedal the manual light flashed on and of when pressing the peddle. it doesn't appear any leaks because it would be noticeable with the snow. i thought maybe its a safety mechanism. hope this helps better to get the feel of what might be going on.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #7  
Hi thank you for the quick response. Sorry wasn't so exact. I had the brake off placed it in gear and throttle. it wouldn't move and when i pressed the gas or brake pedal the manual light flashed on and of when pressing the peddle. it doesn't appear any leaks because it would be noticeable with the snow. i thought maybe its a safety mechanism. hope this helps better to get the feel of what might be going on.

When you say you had it in gear, did you mean you had a range selected, then depressed the forward pedal?
Did you try more then one range?

Since Kenny linked the operator's manual to his response...can you tell us which indicator light was blinking? There is no "manual" light that I saw (but I didn't scan the whole manual).

I just went outside and tried it again. I let the engine warm. I put the gear in A, brake disengaged. I pressed the forward pedal and the light indicator with the open book and tool on it went on for a second. i did then press the reverse and it did the same thing. i check the oil in the rear and is above the filled mark.

Kennyd, yes read it thank you. Thanks for the link for the om. I read it numerous times i'm hoping its me and the salesman didn't screw me cause i'll be extremely pissed. The machine currently has 733hrs on it. Very frustrated cause i just drove it and got it two days ago.

/ just purchased a used john deere and a rookie #10  
See the attached picture...which light is it? (use the letter code from the manual excerpt listed below)

A - Hydraulic Fluid Temperature Gauge: This gauge will indicate when the hydraulic fluid is approaching a dangerously hot temperature. If this happens, reduce hydraulic load immediately. Check oil level. Reduce engine to 1500 rpm. Clean oil cooler fins.

B - Warning Flasher/Turn Signal Indicator Light: These indicator lights will turn on and flash when the light switch is turned to one of the two warning flasher positions, or the turn signal lever is moved to the right or left turn position.

C - Tachometer: Shows engine speed in increments of 100 rpm. Example: If indicator is pointing at 20, then 20x100 = 2000 rpm. Note the special marker labeled 540. At this engine speed, the PTO rotates at the industry standard 540 rpm.

キ Slow Idle Speed: 1050 rpm

キ Rated Engine Speed: 2600 rpm

キ Fast Idle Speed: 2800 rpm

D - Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge: This gauge will indicate when the engine coolant is approaching a dangerously hot temperature. If this happens, reduce engine load immediately. Reduce engine rpm to idle speed. Clean cooling screens and fins. If needle remains in red zone, stop engine immediately. Allow engine to cool, check coolant level, and add coolant if necessary.

E - Engine Oil Pressure Light: This light should illuminate when the ignition key switch is in the run position and the engine is not running, and also when engine oil pressure is too low with the engine running. If this light illuminates while the engine is running, stop engine immediately.

F - Park Brake Light: This light should illuminate when the park brake is locked.

G - Alternator/Battery Charging Light: This light should illuminate when the ignition key switch is in the run position and the engine is not running, and when the alternator output is too low with the engine running. If this light does illuminate with the engine running, increase engine speed by moving hand throttle lever to the full throttle position.

H - Rear Hydraulic Indicator Light: This light will be illuminated when third SCV is enabled and the diverter switch has been depressed to select rear hydraulic control.

I - Front Hydraulic Indicator Light: This light will be illuminated when third SCV is enabled for front hydraulic controls.

J - Hour Meter: Shows total number of accumulated running hours. Use the hour meter as a guide when servicing various components of this machine.

K - Cold Start Indicator Light: Indicates that the ignition key is being pressed in and that the air manifold heater is on and heating the intake air to the cylinders.

L - Intake Air Restriction Light: This light will illuminate when the intake air cleaner has a restriction that does not allow for adequate air flow to the engine. Replace primary air filter and if needed replace the secondary air filter.

M - PTO Engaged Light: This light will illuminate when the rear PTO is engaged.

N - Diagnostic Indicator Light: This light will illuminate for approximately 1 second, indicating the controller is running a self test when the engine is started. This light will also flash a four pulse flash code when an error occurs. The flash is either a long 1 second flash or a short 0.5 second flash.

You did operate this machine before you bought it, right?

Attachments

• OMLVU13606_H397.jpg
    OMLVU13606_H397.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 248