Snow Pushing snow

/ Pushing snow #1  

Elklakedoug

Tractor
John Deere 2320
My new 2320 comes monday, but i didn't purchase the FEL to move snow. The dealer tells me the 54" hydraulic blade will be best for pushing snow. Is it? I will likely fill the rear tires with beet juice, but should I get the JD version or one from another manufacturer?

/ Pushing snow #2  
I got the front blade for my NH and it works great for moving snow. Never considered using the FEL. Mine is a 60".

/ Pushing snow #3  
I use a 54" hydraulic blade on my Yanmar, and it's great for moving snow on my 1500' driveway. If your doing a parking lot or something, it would be pretty small. If the loader is within your budget, get it now. It is so much more versatile than a front blade, but if you are only interested in snow removal, a plow is far superior to a loader. Good luck!:thumbsup:

/ Pushing snow #4  
I don't have a 2320 but I do have a 2305 w/fel,fb,rb,bh and 5' rear blade.
Till I got my frt blower and rear blade last year only used 54" front blade for plowing snow..
I did try once to just use fel ... NO WAY . Get angle hyd cyl for fb ..You will never want to use fel for doing snow or leveling dirt, stone, what ever.
Yes once last year I used fel to try and move some snow because of snow being blown so high and deep.
Just my 2 cents

/ Pushing snow
FEL coming with it, but no ability to angle snow to the side with it, so was thinking the 54" hydraulic blade. 1,000 ft drive, should work...

/ Pushing snow
Thx- I was thinking of the 60" rear blade for grading the road, dirt, etc. So many attachments, so little time!

/ Pushing snow #7  
I have a 2305 with a FEL and backhoe. This is my first winter with it and the FEL does and ok job. Nothing and I repeat nothing on my property is flat or level. I can push snow but the tractor goes where it wants if I am on a slope. I am in the process of converting a 54" blade from a 322 for my 2305. My old snow removal was a husqavarna from Lowes with a sears blade bolted on front. I had to beat on on the husq to move the snow. The FEL has been annoying but it doesn't seem like the 2305 is even trying.

/ Pushing snow #8  
The blade is far better for clearing a drive than the FEL. As others have mentioned, the ability of angle it makes it much quicker. But if you live in an area that gets ALOT of snow, the FEL is really handy for pushing back and making piles that the blade is unable to do.

/ Pushing snow #9  
It may depend on where you are (how much snow) but more on whether your driveway is concrete, asphalt or gravel. I have a 2320 and I'm clearing snow from concrete with the FEL and a rear box blade. I really need some kind of blade to pull the snow away from buildings, bushes, etc. I think I'll add a back blade I can angle when I can find a cheap one (The box blade fills with snow and I have to lift it and then use the loader) but all in all I'm impressed how well the FEL does even without tire fluid or chains. We've had about 4 feet of snow this year and I'm clearing 500 ft plus of driveway with relatively little effort.

/ Pushing snow #10  
a 54 inch blade on a 2320 will be like eating with a Teaspoon. You should try to make a wider blade for it, as JD doesn't offer anything else.