3-Point Hitch JD 2020 slow hydraulics

/ JD 2020 slow hydraulics #1  

jackmac

Tractor
MF 130
I recently purchased a JD 2020 and I am having trouble with the steering and the 3 pt hitch is really slow since it has gotten cold. Does this point to needing to service the hydraulic system or is there something else I need to check.

/ JD 2020 slow hydraulics #2  
Wondering if someone used too heavy of an oil in the system. Now's it's gotten thick with the cold temps.

/ JD 2020 slow hydraulics #3  
Does it improve when you have the tractor up to operating temoerature and all the oils are also warm.
Craig Clayton

/ JD 2020 slow hydraulics #4  
On JD utility tractors 20 series and up because of the brake pads that run in oil I would recommend changing hyd oil & filter plus cleaning sump screen located in bottom of trans back by hyd filter. I recommend JD Hy-Gard hyd oil as it has additives to help with brake noise. Changing hyd oil will help remove moisture if any has formed from condensation. I'll also add that an internal hyd leak can cause sloooow hyd's. With engine running,3pt raised look inside hyd filler hole for spraying oil which will indicate a leak.

/ JD 2020 slow hydraulics
Increasing the rpm's has little or no effect to the speed of the 3 PT hitch and doesn't help the steering either. I am going to change the filters and fluid and see if that helps.