3520 Transmission Shift Issue

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #1  

Dmac1

Tractor
JD 3520
Have 08 3520 eHydro. Sometimes when I'm going from A to B (stopped of course) it doesn't want to go into B. If I move the tractor a little fore/aft then it will go right in.

Do others have this same issue?

Thanks!
Dave

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #2  
I think this normal, drivetrain is bound up a little. Moving the tractor relieves the bind.

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #3  
Have 08 3520 eHydro. Sometimes when I'm going from A to B (stopped of course) it doesn't want to go into B. If I move the tractor a little fore/aft then it will go right in.

Do others have this same issue?

Thanks!
Dave

My 2008 3720 does exactly the same thing. I've had several tractors including Kubota, Massey Ferguson and other Deeres which all exhibit the same behavior. I don't consider it a problem, just normal.

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #4  
I agree with everyone else who's posted a reply to this. My 2010 3520 w/cab displays the same behavior.

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #5  
100% normal. The gears are not synchronized-just straight cut and sometimes you have to move them a little to get them to mesh.

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #6  
Yes,..me too. My 2006,..3520-Cab has done that since brand new and even now with 1400 hours, it's still the same. I accepted it as normal long ago. Good luck with it, it's a nice little tractor.

CHEERS !
. . tug

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #7  
Kennyd nailed it. Non syncronized range gear box. If it won't go into gear, Just ease into the the drive while keeping a little pressure on the shifter. She'll drop right in.

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue #8  
Interesting, 2007 model 3120 & i also noticed this from new and thought that being hydo drive it was normal. with AB & C range, i very seldom operate out of B drive. i also note that there has to be NO pressure at all on the axles to change the 4wd. slightest tension and its hard to move, just take load off axle and it slips in neatly. cheers OGh

/ 3520 Transmission Shift Issue
Good to know guys. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! :thumbsup:

Dave