Snowblower Rear or Front Mount

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #41  
Well, if you do hook up the frt mount, you got to do it. Put the rear one also.

here's my 2 cents. I've always had rear mount blowers. But they have been on big iron= big cabs. Plenty of room. Loved 'em.
Now I'm in my TN75, with a 7 1/2ft rear mount blower. This cab is a lot smaller than the old ones. My neck hurts after I'm done. I'm putting a set of mirrors on the outside of cab.

Should be all set, but it would be nice with a frt mount. Posted this on another thread.Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer

Talked to MI n E and said I would be on the edge of PTO hp to power the hydraulic pump, but it should be do a good job. Price wasn't crazy out there, but an option if needed.

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #42  
i need a cab....maybe next year.

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #43  
Grsthegreat not to rain on your parade HST tractors usually don't have much torque at top speed, HST usually requires low speed to make a lot of torque, at least that's how it worked on my new Holland TC 40 could not pull the trailer high range high-speed uphill would always have to slow down and use the turtle function to get up the hill, with the quad transmission function of new Holland. Now I plow with my 1 ton truck commercially and privately and you really don't need that much speed to move the snow so you might be okay at a slower speed I really don't know, but I don't think you're going to get quite the top speed that you're thinking with a large amount of snow in front of the tractor I'm sure someone with more experience with HST with a plow will chime in. The next thing someone said plowing is faster then snow blowing? If I have 4 inches of snow in my driveway I can backup in first gear high range 2000 RPM don't need full power 12 miles an hour and in one pass the road is spotless and no banks to deal with. I'm actually considering next year buying a snow blower for my truck, there are many jobs where plowing is useless in small areas, we usually end up with a loader clearing up the piles after three storms in a row more money wasted, could just go with the truck and dumper and be done one time something to think about take care

thanks for the input......the wife and i have been discussing this alot..and she did mention one thing that i had to admit is interesting. i was thinking of getting a 7 foot blade for the front of the tractor ($2,800.00 w/ hydraulics) and a rear push 84" snowblower with hyd chute rotators (about $5,800.00) which should handle most stuff that comes up. that will run me aprox $8,600.00 ...possibly less if i try to find some good used stuff. Or, a loader mount snowblower with hydraulic powerpack is available for around 10-12 grand. ... this could handle everything..and eliminate the blade and rear snowblower. im not sure how wide of a front snowblower a 45 Hp tractor can handle...if i could run an 8' wide blower, it would cut the number of passes to do the 5-10 miles of roads by 1 entire pass. The front blower would also handle all the driveways and approaches i work. so the real difference may only be 2-4 grand ....which isnt as bad when compared to having to buy 2 pieces of equipment. Now the only question i have is how FAST someone can actually operate a front mounted snowblower thru 8" of fresh snow. have not been able to determine that yet.

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #44  
Now the only question i have is how FAST someone can actually operate a front mounted snowblower thru 8" of fresh snow. have not been able to determine that yet.

i'm sure the better blowers can go quite fast, but my 3pt meteor piles the snow if i go too fast in 6 inches (obviously they will all pile at some speed). something doesn't seem quite right w/ the speed ratios of the auger vs the impeller on that thing...like the impeller is going too slow.

one of these days, i'm going to put my infrared tach on it and see how fast it goes. the spec for the front mount deere says almost 1000rpm on the impeller (almost 200 on the auger if i recall).

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #45  
Hmmm. i got an interesting email from Buehler ind ..makers of farm king. Seems that their in the process of building an 84" loader mounted snowblower and hydraulic power unit that may be available this fall.....i have a farm king unit now and i really like it. i wonder if that can do it cheeper than the others??

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #46  
Grsthegreat I think you're on the right trail a snowblower is a guaranteed problem solver, however I think you'll find 72 inches is the maximal 45 hp tractor should handle you could try a 84 inch, but I think 96 inches would be out of the question. The farmer up the road from me has a eight foot snowblower on a 40 hp JD he says when it starts to slow down he just takes less of a swap, I always laugh and think to myself what's the point of a eight foot snowblower if you take a four foot passes ;-). I also like the loader Mount snowblower with power pack, I might sell this unit someday and get one the only problem I could see when you need the loader how much work would it be to disconnect that snowblower and hoses? And of course its price quick attach makes a nice one not quite as expensive as some of the other brands Take care

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #47  
i had n 8ft lucknownow behind a MF180. About 70ish hp at the PTO. Anything over 8 inches deep, you knew it was working. I can't imagine a 40hp tractor doing much with an 8ft blower.

I've had 145hp tractors with 9ft blowers. Works great...bought old tractors in good shape. Put new blowers on them. Never had more than $10,000 in total unit cost. Mount a 9ft quick switch snowbalde on front.....now you can make some time on clearing some roads.

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #48  
hmmm, ya i think your right. im being told an 84" unit will work just fine...but not an 8 foot... with the hydraulic powerpack...and i really dont want to drive 0.0001 mph :licking::laughing:

/ Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #49  
Once again just a friendly suggestion, 84 inch on a 45 hp tractor is a bad idea sure it will run it but you'll probably be going slow in anything over 8 inches of heavy wet snow. When you buy a snow blower you have to look at PTO horsepower not engine horsepower my old TC 40 had 40 at the engine and only 34 at PTO, I couldn't imagine it running an 84 inch unit. My new tractor 60 HP and 51 at the PTO and I wouldn't want less on this 84 inch unit. I had a 72 inch front Mount snowblower and it was just perfect for the TC 40 even with Valentine's Day 06 storm 47 inches. Basically what you'll sacrifice in inches of width you'll make up in speed and not overloading the tractor. New Holland claims TC 40 can run and 84 inch after two sales my dealer won't do it again, he even had a gentleman with the TC 48 complain the tractor was bogging down with 7 foot unit once again just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions :) take care

P.S. just the famous photo of Valentine's Day storm 72 inch snowblower used, it beat digging by hand and shovel LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg.jpeg
    IMG_0485.jpg.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 329
   / Snowblower Rear or Front Mount #50  
Once again just a friendly suggestion, 84 inch on a 45 hp tractor is a bad idea sure it will run it but you'll probably be going slow in anything over 8 inches of heavy wet snow. When you buy a snow blower you have to look at PTO horsepower not engine horsepower my old TC 40 had 40 at the engine and only 34 at PTO, I couldn't imagine it running an 84 inch unit. My new tractor 60 HP and 51 at the PTO and I wouldn't want less on this 84 inch unit. I had a 72 inch front Mount snowblower and it was just perfect for the TC 40 even with Valentine's Day 06 storm 47 inches. Basically what you'll sacrifice in inches of width you'll make up in speed and not overloading the tractor. New Holland claims TC 40 can run and 84 inch after two sales my dealer won't do it again, he even had a gentleman with the TC 48 complain the tractor was bogging down with 7 foot unit once again just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions :) take care

P.S. just the famous photo of Valentine's Day storm 72 inch snowblower used, it beat digging by hand and shovel LOL

thank you for your input....its just what i want to hear. from people out there actually using this stuff. i was told go with 84" cause my rear wheels are set to 78"....but i can move the rear wheels into 72" and go with a 75" blower.....i certainly dont want to bog down the blower. thanks again for the help :) :) :thumbsup: