Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft

/ Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft #1  

meb9796

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3720
I'm in the process of putting a 47" snowblower from a 420 onto my 2305. I'm making the front adapter and want to make sure that the pto shafts line up correctly. I've ordered my pto shaft but it wont get in for another week and half. Can anyone tell me how far the front pto shaft sticks out past the bracket on the front of the tractor? Thanx!!

/ Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft #2  
Hi meb9796! Are you making reference to the small shaft in these picture, or the longer one?

Attachments

• DSCF5222.jpg
    DSCF5222.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCF5211.jpg
    DSCF5211.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 471
   / Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft #3  
Henri88
Prolly the length of that short stub that "sticks out past the bracket on the front". Good pics.

Does the long shaft have a snap coupler at either or both ends, or does it just slip on at both ends?

/ Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft #4  
The long shaft have a snap coupling at one end. I can't quite remember if the other end is lock with a roll pin. Will take a run to my garage and get the measurement and the shaft attachment for you. Here's a couple of picture that might help. Henri

Attachments

• DSCF5217.jpg
    DSCF5217.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 795
  • DSCF5219.jpg
    DSCF5219.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 326
   / Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft #5  
Ok, small shaft is sticking out 2 1/8''. Middle groove in the small shaft to the end is 1''. The long shaft and short shaft is all in one welded piece. Keep in mind that this shaft is the retrofit from the old slip shaft that originally came with the 47 inches snow blower. This new shaft, as you can see has a CV joint. Henri

/ Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft
That is exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks. Tonight I think I figured out how to mount the sb to my 54" font blade mount with minimal cutting and welding. Now, I just have to verify the haft will work and I'm all set.

/ Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft #7  
meb9796, If possible, pics. of the finish job would be nice.:thumbsup: Henri

/ Need help from 2305 owners for measuring front pto shaft
Yeh I really need to do that this time. I still need to post pics of my tops and lights. I like the idea of turning the bracket upside down, but I think I figured out a way to use my existing mount. Going to try and move the mounting holes on the sb down by adding a steel plate on either side and drill holes in that. Then I can tear this thing down and do some much needed maintenance.