3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow?

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #1  

LHS Inc

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro w/300CX FEL
Does a 3520 ehydro have enough power to pull a Leinbach 14" 2 bottom plow?

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #2  
Yes I believe it will do just fine as long as its 4wd, power wont be the problem traction will be otherwise.

Your engine is the same basic engine as my Yanmar YM3810D and mine will pull one its a load but it will do it no problem.

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #3  
Should have no trouble at all.. I have about the same power, and mine pulls a two-bottom 12" like it wasn't even there. Do you have R1's or R4's?

YouTube - Chilly plowing garden

Sean

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #5  
I'd say you're right, although I think the only time you'd have trouble would be in the spring or late fall when the ground is wet. We have sticky clay soil here, the R1's didn't exactly load up with mud, but they did have a fair bit sticking to them when I was done. I expect I may have more trouble this spring when I go to harrow the plowed patch.

Sean

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #6  
Does a 3520 ehydro have enough power to pull a Leinbach 14" 2 bottom plow?

We sell new plows,however, we only sell them if the customer demands one. The older, "brand name" plows are far advanced in engineering and design than any new plow. We usually keep 15-20 sets on hand that are field ready. Ken Sweet

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #7  
I have a 2 bottom 14" Ferguson plow that was built around 1939. My 3520 with R4's pulls it with out any problem. My biggest fault with this tractor for plowing is that it does not have draft control. It makes you work a little harder trying to keep it at a set depth but the 3520 was never really designed for ground engaging work. We just use them for it.:laughing:

Al

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow?
I have a 2 bottom 14" Ferguson plow that was built around 1939. My 3520 with R4's pulls it with out any problem. My biggest fault with this tractor for plowing is that it does not have draft control. It makes you work a little harder trying to keep it at a set depth but the 3520 was never really designed for ground engaging work. We just use them for it.:laughing:

Al

Thanks for the input. If the mild Winter keeps up we'll have a early Spring and it will be time for getting gardens in shape.

/ 3520 pull a 14" 2 bottom plow? #9