John Deere 1020 loosing antifreeze

/ John Deere 1020 loosing antifreeze #1  

Arob

Tractor
John Deere 1020
I have a John Deere 1020 utility. I bought this tractor last year and recently noticed after running it to move snow that the antifreeze comes out the overflow. The tractor has never overheated according to the temp gauge, I have also felt the block and the head after using and it as well did not feel hot, I have replaced the radiator cap, the radiator neck appears to be fine. It appears the previous owner had installed a new water pump. The tractor starts right up and runs great, no sign of antifreeze in the oil. Any ideas?

/ John Deere 1020 loosing antifreeze #2  
How much coolant are you losing? The 1020 has no coolant overflow tank like newer models, so you can't keep the radiator level full. You need to keep it about an inch below the filler neck to keep it from pushing out. If it continues to push out coolant after that, you could have a compression leak into the cooling system. Head gasket leak, cracked head or cracked cylinder liner are possibilities.

/ John Deere 1020 loosing antifreeze
I loose about 5oz each time i use it, the other day I added antifreeze and added about a gallon and filled it just till I could see it so it.