70A Loader - bent parking stand

/ 70A Loader - bent parking stand #1  

Mechanos

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 955/70A/7 TLB
I picked up 70A a couple of weeks ago, and once I made some repairs to the oil lines and got a neighbor to help me unload it from my trailer, I finally got around to get it installed on my 955.

The left front mounting pin does not sit all the way up into the slot on the frame bracket (although the latch does close all the way) and the left mast will not seat all the way down into its socket. Upon closer inspection there is a noticable bend in the parking stand. It looks like I will have to cut the parking stand in two to "separate" the two halves and get the loader to seat in the mounts properly. Then rebuild the parking stand to tie the two halves back together in proper relation to each other.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone down this road before and discovered any pitfalls or tips/tricks to this approach.

/ 70A Loader - bent parking stand #2  
I would try to avoid cutting it. Do you have a picture? It would help to see the problem. The stand can be unbolted on both sides and comes apart. Perhaps you can get it straighten with torches once it is apart?

/ 70A Loader - bent parking stand
The parking stand is welded to the mounting plates for the front pins and latches. While this whole assembly could be unbolted from the loader, it is not possible to remove the parking stand and leave the front mounting pins/latches behind without cutting. I was thinking along the lines of leaving the front mounting pins/latches engaged on the tractor to ensure that the loader is sitting properly on the tractor in all four of it's mounts. Then straightening and/or rebuilding the parking stand and reattaching it to the loader to retain the loaders geometery.

I suppose I could try unbolting the entire assembly and attempting to straighten it. If unsuccessful, I could then cut it apart and procede as outlined above.

Out of curiousity, what is your major concern with cutting it apart and replacing bent steel with straight as necessary?